28 ⚔️ Adora

"Oh, I have had enough of this," Glimmer said then, from behind me. 

I turned to her with concern in my gaze. 

"Glimmer, what are you doing?" I asked in a hushed tone. 

"No...we have spent way too long walking through these woods, Adora. We have spent far too long worrying about Catra and trying to get her back for these robots to stop us at the last hurdle," she said. 

"Glimmer..." Bow began to say, with worry in his voice, as Glimmer took a step forward. 

"Now step away from Catra, you assholes!" Glimmer said, as she rushed forward and set her sparkles loose on the robots in front of us, which caused some of them to be sent flying backwards into the trees in the distance. I didn't know much about robots but when I heard the loud crash in the forest before us, I had a feeling that would leave a scratch.   

"Well, that's certainly one way to handle the situation," Netossa said, as she emerged from the trees, hand in hand with Spinnerella. 

"Spinny!" Perfuma said, in her excitement. 

"Yay. I'm here too," Mermista said, as she began to use her water powers to disarm some of the robots. 

"No! My robots!" Entrapta cried out, as horror filled her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Entrapta, but we have to stop them," I said, as my eyes glanced towards Catra for a moment, to find that she stared back at me with a devilish smile. 

Entrapta sighed, as she fell limp in the hold the robot had her in. 

Scorpia was fighting back, though, she knocked the head of the robot, that had a hold on her, back into the tree and was able to set herself free. She then walked over to the robot that had Entrapta and cut their wires with her pincers. 

"Keep going, people! Do everything that you can!" I said. 

Bow and Glimmer rushed to my side, then. 

"What are you going to do, Adora?" Bow asked me. 

"I'm going to have a word with Catra," I said, "I need to try to get through to her." 

Bow and Glimmer met each other's gazes fleetingly, before they returned their focus to me and nodded. 

"You've got this, Adora," Glimmer said, with a kind smile. 

As they fought the other robots, and Entrapta tried to fix the ones that she could, I made my way over to Catra. 

Once she caught my gaze, I simply gave her a charming smile. 

"Hey, Catra," I said. 

"What are you doing, Adora? I said I didn't need your help. I'm with the robots, now," she said. 

"No, you're not. You are Catra and you are with me. They're trying to control you, Catra, just like Horde Prime. You have never listened to anyone in your life. I mean," I began to say, as I released a gentle chuckle, "You hardly even listen to me! So don't you dare start listening to these bots now, do you hear me?" I asked her. 

Catra began to laugh then, which caused dimples to become apparent in her cheeks. Her laugh was one of those sounds which made my heart skip a beat. She didn't seem so carefree for long, though, as her expression went deadly serious and her jaw twitched in irritation. 

"No, Adora. You left me, remember? You promised me that you would be there and you rushed off with your new friends again! I won't listen to you. I won't go anywhere with you or anyone else, for that matter! Apart from Scorpia...Anyway, none of that matters! I'm moving on in this world, Adora and I certainly don't need you anymore," Catra said. 

I felt my heart ache at her cruel words but I knew that I had to remind myself that this wasn't really Catra. This was the robot that had taken her over that was speaking. 

I ran a slender hand over the pale skin of my arm a little nervously and sighed. 

"Catra," I said. 

"Adora," Catra replied mockingly. 

I outstretched one of my hands, then, with hopes that Catra would take it. Her eyes just narrowed, though, and she hit my hand away. 

"No! Do you really think that everything's better just because you're here again, now? No! You left me," Catra said, with tears in her eyes, "I won't go anywhere with you. I won't, I won't, I won't-" Catra paused for a moment then and gave a slight shake of her head, at the same time that Bow fired one of his arrows right through one of the robot's heads. 

"Way to go, Bow!" Glimmer exclaimed with excitement, as she high-fived him. 

Catra fell to the ground. 

"Catra!" I yelled with worry, as I rushed to her side and picked her up into my arms. 

Glimmer and Bow rushed over to us then, too. 

"Is she okay?" Bow asked. 

"I think she'll be okay...I mean, she seems pretty mad at me but I think that her passing out just now might have something to do with you knocking out the robot that had control of her," I said. 

Glimmer and Bow nodded in agreement. 

As I glanced down at Catra for a moment, I noticed how vulnerable she looked when she was unconscious. She seemed almost...sweet. Of course, she wasn't sweet. At least not right now and especially not to me. There was a sour note in the air and all of this was my fault. I had thought that I would have been able to sort out this mess with Entrapta's bots but I realised that in leaving Catra, I had just created an even bigger mess. 

Catra's eyes soon fluttered open and widened slightly, as she realised I was there. From the depths of the woods, Melog emerged and made their way over to the two of us with concern in their blue eyes. They purred and settled down onto the grass nearby. 

The corner of Catra's lips lifted slightly, as she spoke her next words, "Hey Adora," she said, as she sat up and wrapped her arms around me.  For a moment, I forgot all about the fact that we had previously fought. Everything felt alright again.