52 🐈 Catra

As Adora and I got ready for bed that evening, I turned to her for a second. 

"I don't care how long it takes. We are going to find Silver and we are going to put an end to this disaster. I'm ready to wait it out," I assured her. 

Adora gave a nod of her head, then, as an understanding expression appeared upon her face. 

"I know, Catra...but we can do all of this tomorrow. Right now, we need sleep," she said. 

I gently purred, as Adora began to brush through my hair. 

"I just feel like everyone's counting on me. Everyone is waiting for me to make a decision and sometimes..." she started to say, as her blue eyes flickered with worry for a moment, "I'm not entirely sure what to do," she admitted. 

I placed my hands gently on her shoulders, then, as I gave her a kind smile. 

"And that's perfectly okay, too. You're just a person, Adora. Sure, you may be able to become She-ra at times but deep down you're Adora and you're a person and people can't expect the world from you! I certainly don't. All I want from you is for you to be happy and I will do whatever I can to make sure that you are," I promised her. 

"Thank you, Catra. That means the world to me," Adora replied, as her eyes flickered with affection. 

I merely smiled back at her. I was prepared to say more to reassure her but before I could do such a thing, there was a knock at our bedroom door and when I went to investigate who was knocking at this hour, I found that Bow was stood outside our room in a blue dressing gown and pink slippers, that I assumed Glimmer had got him. He looked ridiculous.  

"Oh hi, Arrow Boy. What did you need?" I asked him. 

"I needed to talk to Adora," he told me. 

"Adora can't talk right now. We're busy in here," I said, "If you catch my drift," I added, with a wink.  

It was worth it, to see Adora's face turn to a shade of scarlet. 

She then made her way over to the door and gently pushed me aside. 

"What's up, Bow?" she asked, as she seemed to collect herself again. 

"I just wanted to check that we were all set for tomorrow-" 

He cut off then, as we all heard a loud thud from outside. 

I cursed under my breath and Adora just gave me a look. 

"What? That didn't exactly sound good, did it?" I asked her, "We need to go and investigate, right now. I said that we would get this done, didn't I?" I reminded her, then. 

Adora sighed. 

"Catra, it's late and it's cold. Come on. Let's go to bed," Adora said. 

"I mean, I'd love to, Adora but we have more important matters on our hands right now," I said, as I walked past Bow, whose eyes just widened a fraction. 

Adora sighed behind me and soon followed me down the hallway of the palace. 

Bow followed suit and grabbed his bow and arrow, before he made his way outside with us. 

He was in no way prepared for battle but Bow didn't care, apparently. He just wanted to help out his friends, even if it meant that he was currently fighting in a blue dressing gown and pink slippers. 

"Oh, that outfit is really not working for you," Double Trouble said, as they looked over Bow momentarily, when they joined the rest of us. 

"Double Trouble, what are you doing back here?" Adora asked them. 

Double Trouble simply shrugged. 

"The party was a bore...I started to make my way back here and then I heard a strange sound. It's in my belief that robots are on their way, darlings. We need to be ready," they added. 

"Okay, Bow, come with me. We can work this out. We'll look for robots over here. Catra, Double Trouble, you two can work together," Adora said. 

"You don't have to tell me twice, darling," Double Trouble said, as they smiled in my direction. 

I simply rolled my eyes at them, as I looked towards Adora for a second. 

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked her. 

Adora simply gave a nod of determination, before she made her way off with Bow so they could search for robots. 

Meanwhile, Double Trouble and I ventured over to the west of the palace and explored there. 

"Now, I already know that most of these robots are already back here and...robots, much like any other electronical device, rely on charge," Double Trouble began to say then. 

"What are you saying exactly, Double Trouble?" I asked them. 

"What I'm saying, Kitten, is that most of the robots have already been changed back...and Silver, that's the big guy, he's running out of charge to create any more of them. He's practically on his own," Double Trouble told me. 

I only gave a nod of my head in understanding then, although Double Trouble had told me that there weren't many robots left, I still observed that one was approaching us. I readied my whip, while Double Trouble got ready to pounce, too. 

"Hey, dumbass," I said. 

"I beg your pardon," Double Trouble said. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"I wasn't talking to you," I said, as I nodded in the direction of the bot stood nearby. 

Double Trouble's neon green eyes widened slightly, then. 

"Oh, right," they said, as they released a soft laugh. 

Once the robot came into view, Double Trouble quickly rushed around while I had the bot distracted, so that they could rewire the bot. When the robot rebooted, its eyes turned green again. It was now good, again. 

Double Trouble regarded me with a respectful expression, then. 

"Ah, team work. I knew I could rely on you," they said, with a smile. 

I smiled back. 

"Always," I said. 

Adora and Bow soon rushed back over to the two of us. 

"Okay, I think that solves that problem. Now, we really should get back to sleep," Adora said. 

She was right, of course. We still had Silver to fight off.