Epilogue⚔️ Adora

A few years had passed by since Bow and Glimmer had welcomed their daughter, Archer, into the world. Of course, she was not the only new addition to Etheria. Catra and I had welcomed our own child, Finn, into the world, a few months after Archer had been born. This all meant that Archer and Finn had become really great friends. They had plenty of time to play and grow up together in Etheria, which had been entirely peaceful for the past four years now. That was important because I wanted a safe place for Finn to grow up in and I knew that Bow and Glimmer wanted the same for their daughter, too.

As we spent the spring outside in the gardens, I observed Perfuma and Scorpia getting on with some gardening together. Since Perfuma had got pregnant, Scorpia had been helping her out a lot more around the palace.

In the meantime, Catra appeared to be reading a story to Finn and Archer who had their undivided attention on the story book in Catra's hands.

I soon made my way over to Catra and kissed her on the cheek.

"Ew. Yuck," Finn said.

Catra chuckled.

"I think they're cute," Archer said, "One day, I want to be a warrior just like you, Aunt Adora! And super smart just like you, Aunt Catra," Archer said, with a sweet smile.

Catra regarded her with an expression of appreciation, as she turned to me with a kind smile.

Finn looked towards Archer for a moment and stared at her with admiration.

"God parent Double Trouble has arrived, my darlings!" Double Trouble said, as they walked towards us with a bag full of gifts.

"Double Trouble!" Finn and Archer called out simultaneously, as they made their way over to them and threw their arms around them.

Double Trouble had become a permanent resident at Glimmer's Palace, since the children had arrived. They wanted to make sure they got a really good upbringing. Of course, Catra and I wanted to make sure that Finn had everything they ever needed, too. The two of us had struggled growing up. We wanted to give Finn what we hadn't been able to have. Of course, our childhood hadn't been completely void of positives. We had always had each other and our relationship had bloomed into something incredibly beautiful, now.

Double Trouble presented Archer and Finn with new outfits, which they excitedly began to look over.

While Archer and Finn were occupied, Double Trouble made their way over to Catra and I with a friendly smile upon their face.

"Ah, the youth of today are the saviours of tomorrow. You have some beautiful and intelligent children," Double Trouble said, as Glimmer and Bow made their way over to join us then, too.

"Thank you, DT. We are glad that they have an amazing God parent like you," Bow said.

"Of course!" Double Trouble said, with a pleasant grin.

Hordak and Entrapta began to make their ways towards us then, hand in hand.

"Who wants to help Aunt Entrapta build a robot?" Entrapta asked.

"We do! We do!" Finn and Archer exclaimed merrily.

"Entrapta!" I called out to her, as the two of them followed her into the palace.

"Yeah, I know! I'll be careful!" Entrapta said, with a reassuring smile.

I nodded and waved to her and the kids, before returning my attention to Hordak.

"I have to say, Adora and Catra, I really am proud of the life the two of you have built for yourselves. I have no doubt that Shadow Weaver would have been incredibly proud of you, too," Hordak said.

I felt a small smile make its way onto my face, then, as I remembered Shadow Weaver's self-sacrificial act a few years back.

"And your mother would have been such a proud grandmother, Glimmer, just in the way that I am an incredibly proud grandfather," Micah said, as he came to join us and then gathered Glimmer into an affectionate hug.

Glimmer smiled into his chest.

"Thanks, dad," she said.

"Hey everyone," Mermista said, as she walked through the gap in the trees and headed towards us, then.

"Mermista!" Perfuma exclaimed cheerfully, as she gathered Mermista into a hug, which soon became a group hug as Scorpia joined, too.

"Sea Hawk just finished the final details of his new ship. Who wants to go on a little vacation?" she asked, as Sea Hawk wandered over to us to wrap his arm around Mermista's shoulders.

"Let's do this!" Bow said excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm definitely down," Scorpia said.

They began to move forward, but I hung back for a moment. I knew I could trust Entrapta and Double Trouble to babysit but I sure was going to miss the kids.

Catra held a hand out to me then.

"Hey, Adora," she said.

I glanced up to her then and instinctively smiled.

"Are you coming?" she asked me.

It didn't take me long to have my answer.

"Yeah. Of course, I am," I said in agreement, as I stepped forward to take her hand in mine.

Catra beamed back at me happily and after we had said goodbye to Finn, Archer, Entrapta, Hordak, Double Trouble and a few other people at the palace, it was time for us to set off on our vacation.

Sea Hawk set course for the ship to travel across the crystal clear blue waters and the ship soon began to move away from the docks.

As it moved onwards, Catra came to sit beside me and smiled.

"Hey, Catra. Guess what?" I said.

"What?" she asked me, as she sat in my lap.

"I love you," I said.

A blush crept up on Catra's cheeks then and she looked tempted to give me a playful shove again, but instead she drew me closer and pressed her lips against mine.

"I love you too, dummy. Now, ready for the next big adventure?" she asked me.

"With you? Always," I said in agreement.

"I knew I could distract you for a second," Catra winked, as she stole my sword. "For the honor of Grayskull!" she exclaimed, as she began to run across the deck of the ship.

I rushed after her.

"Hey, Catra," I said.

"Hey, Adora," Catra replied, as her lips twitched up at the corner.

"Please be careful with that," I said.

"Make me," Catra replied.

I gave a slight shake of my head as I took the sword out of Catra's grip and pulled her into my arms so I could dip her.

Catra smirked, as amusement flickered in her eyes, and she soon switched the two of us around so she was staring intensely into my eyes, this time around. Her stare was pretty much hypnotic, and I closed my eyes as I readied myself for Catra to press her lips against mine again and I gently touched the palms of my hands to the cheeks of her face, to feel a warm blush there, as I kissed her back.

The two of us were safe and sound at last. At long last, everything was well in Etheria.