33 ⚔️ Adora

"I can't believe that Catra and the others just left like that!" I began to say to Bow and Glimmer, as we gathered in the dining hall of Glimmer's palace, "I mean...can you believe that they just left like that?" I asked. 

Glimmer's nose twitched up a little then, as she considered my questions. Well, one of my questions, at least. I just couldn't believe that Catra was gone! I mean, I supposed that it was fair, given that I had left without her, too. I only hoped that she would be safe. At least she was with Scorpia and...Entrapta. On second thoughts, I was beginning to really consider heading out after her. 

"I mean...kind of? This is Catra we're talking about, after all. She hasn't exactly been known for her predictability in the past," Glimmer said, "Don't worry, though, Adora! They can't have gone far," she assured me. 

I hoped not. I was still hoping that we could catch up with the others if we only moved fast enough to do so. 

"I've made a decision. We need to go and catch up with them," I said.

"Yeah?" Bow asked me.

I gave a nod in his direction.

"How can I expect this drama to blow over with Catra if we keep leaving each other? That's the complete opposite of what we should be doing right now! I know this is the right thing. The question is... Are you guys going to come with me?" I asked them.

Glimmer put a hand upon my shoulder, as she smiled at me, then.

"Of course we are, Adora. We've got your back," she told me, as kindness became apparent in her eyes.

After that, it was time for us to go. We needed to cstch up with Catra, before she got into any more trouble.

As we began to make our way out of the palace gates after collecting our things together, I began to worry. I supposed that Glimmer sensed as much because she stepped closer to me.

"Hey," she said, as warmth entered her voice, "Keep calm, Adora. We are going to find Catra and she's going to be fine and-"

"She is so mad at me. I hate it when she's mad at me," I said.

"You two are going to work this out! I just know it! After all, you're Catra and Adora. This is just what you do," Glimmer said.

This was one of the reasons why she was so likeable. She was always able to reassure me when I needed it.

"We have to keep moving, Adora. Sometimes you just have to trust that everything will be okay," Bow told me.

I exhaled, as I gave a nod. Some of the anxiety that I had began to fade. However, it didn't change the fact that there were still worries in my mind.

"Until we get Catra back, you have us here to look after you!" Bow told me, then.

I supposed that he did have a good point. I wasn't alone.

I smiled at him then and gave a nod. We continued in through the Whispering Woods until we reached a nearby meadow.

" Swift Wind was here recently," I said then, as we walked further through the meadow. I just took some time to look towards the flowers that appeared in a variety of shades of yellow, orange and red.

"Oh yeah... I sometimes forget that you have that cosmic connection to the horse or whatever," Bow said.

"Swift Wind is a unicorn! Kinda..." I said.

"Half horse half bird. He has wings," Glimmer pointed out.

I shrugged.

"They're not really birds wings though. Are they, Glimmer?" I asked.

Glimmer glanced towards the sky to see some birds fluttering past, then.

"I suppose not," she said.

Bow smiled at her then and wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders.

"You know... I admire you guys so much. I'm glad that you're here. It's good to see a relationship that is somewhat healthier than the one that I currently have with Catra," I said, as I sighed and glanced towards the ground, "And most of this is my fault. I expect too much. I expect for everything to be perfect but I suppose I have to realise that not everyone is going to agree with what I decide to do...that's why Catra and I are now in this mess."

Glimmer's eyes flickered with sympathy, as she took a step towards me to wrap her arms around me, then. I instinctively hugged her back. I supposed that I hadn't realised it before but I really did need that hug.

"Adora! You are our best friend. You are so brave and you saved Catra from Horde Prime and have done all that you can to keep her safe! To keep us safe! You're an amazing friend and we are so lucky to have you! I promise you that everything is going to be okay," she assured me, as her voice held a certain energy to it and she gave me a warm smile.

I smiled back at her.

"You know... I sometimes wonder if I'm doing enough too. Am I good enough for Bright Moon and Etheria? Am I doing the right thing? Am I a good queen? Would my mother have been proud of me? I don't know any of that for sure but what I do know is this: I can only do my best. That's what you have to do, Adora! And that's all that anyone could ever expect from you," Glimmer told me, then and as the light caught Glimmer's eyes, I saw the certainty that was there.
"I'll let you in on a secret... Sometimes, I don't even know what I'm doing. I feel so hopeless but-"

"But you're amazing, Glimmer!" I told her.

The corner of Glimmer's lips twitched up a little, then.

"As are you, Adora. Always," she said.

Glimmer and I smiled for a moment, until we turned to Bow to find he had a slightly saddened expression upon his face.

"Bow..." Glimmer began to say.

He seemed to force a smile, then.

"Yeah? I'm fine," he said.

Glimmer took a step closer to him, as an inquisitive expression made its way onto her face.

"Are you sure about that?" she asked him.

"Huh, me? Yeah, I'm fine," Bow said.

He didn't exactly sound very convincing.

"Bow," Glimmer said.

Bow sighed.

"I don't know. I just feel like Glimmer is a queen and... You're a princess now, Adora. Where does that leave me? What am I doing?" he asked.

"Uh, you're our best friend! You make sure we are okay and you keep us safe. That's why you're the greatest! We couldn't ask for a better person in this best friend squad, Bow. You are incredible," Glimmer said.

"Glimmer is right, Bow! Just think about how many times you've saved us!" I reminded him.

"Bow...you literally saved my life! That's a much more important matter than my being queen of Adora now being a princess. You're a real hero!" Glimmer said.

Bow's cheeks flushed then, as he became filled with pride.

"Awh, you guys!"he said.

Glimmer giggled then.

"Best friend squad hug time!" she exclaimed, as she gathered Bow and I into an incredibly comforting hug.

After that pep talk, it was time to continue moving forward.

Next stop: Catra.