44 🐈 Catra

Later that day, after we had rested up for a little while and managed to find ourselves some food, too, Adora made her way over to me. 

"You know...maybe Double Trouble is right. Maybe we are better when we're together," Adora said, then. 

I rolled my eyes at her. 

"Well, that much should be self-explanatory, just think about how many times I've saved your ass when you've got yourself into trouble-" I cut off, as a small smirk made its way onto Adora's face then and she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Okay, fine. I suppose that you've saved me plenty of times, too," I grumbled. 

Adora released a soft chuckle then, which made me smile, up until the point she looked so incredibly smug in my direction. 

"You like me, I know it," she said. 

"No, I don't," I said nonchalantly, as I glanced down towards a pile of fallen leaves nearby for a moment. It was far too late in the day to be dealing with Adora's incessant teasing. I knew that she wasn't going to let up on it, though. 

Adora took a step closer to me and gently pinched my cheek then. 

"There's no use denying it, Catra. I know you do," she said, as she fluttered her eyelashes at me.

 It was starting to get late or well, earlier, the sky grew lighter as the golden sun rose on the horizon. It was a signal to us all that we needed to keep moving. We may have been able to turn some of the robots back, but there were still many out there that we needed to find, especially Silver, who was apparently the leader of the rogue robots. 

"Whatever, Adora. We need to keep moving," I said, "Now, let's do this thing, people," I added, as I glanced around at my friends to give them a charismatic smile, "Let's save Etheria," I said. 

Glimmer grinned as her cheeks pinkened slightly. 

"Yay! Catra is helping save the day! I'm so glad we didn't let the Horde get you!" Glimmer said, as she squished me into a hug.  

I just raised an eyebrow at her, then, when she drew back from the hug slightly. 

Glimmer stumbled over her words momentarily. 

"I mean, of course that was never an option. Adora was hardly going to leave you behind when she-" 

"Glimmer," Adora said. 

"Right, right, sorry!" Glimmer said, as she chuckled a little nervously, "Catra's right. We need to get moving. I'm queen, so I'll go first," Glimmer said, as she walked onwards. 

Adora just moved a little more quickly and held a hand out in front of Glimmer. 

"Glimmer, please be careful. We don't need you to stumble into any of our traps," Adora said. 

"Oh yeah!" Glimmer laughed, "Oopsie. I'll be more careful. Bow! Let's keep going," she called out to him and Bow quickened his pace then, too, so he could walk beside us. 

As the sun rose, the sky became a brilliant cerulean shade above our heads and I was glad that the previous rainstorm had settled down considerably. Ew. If I even stepped in another puddle, I might just cry. Of course, I wasn't actually going to do that. That would be unfortunate and embarrassing. Adora was there. I couldn't have her seeing me get emotional over something so seemingly small. 

"Now, I've got to be honest...I haven't been using my teleportation powers that often," Glimmer said. 

"What?" Adora and the rest of us exclaimed, then.