48 🐈 Catra

"Hey," Adora said, as she took a step towards me, as we wandered on through the woods thanks to the noise that Sparkles had heard. 

"Yes, Adora?" I asked, as I turned towards her. 

"I got you something," she said, then, as she held a little charm bracelet out to me, "I mean, I've had this for some time but I wanted to give it to you now, for your birthday," she said, "Like a late present," she added, as a small smile made its way onto her face. 

I smiled back at her. 

"Adora, this is amazing. You're so thoughtful," I said, as she placed the charm bracelet onto my wrist, and her skin gently caressed mine for a moment. "But I didn't get you anything," I said. 

"That's okay. You're good enough for me," she said, as she winked and then walked onwards, which caused a blush to rise on my cheeks. 

I exhaled and released a small laugh, as I glanced down at the bracelet on my wrist for a moment and then followed after Adora and the others. 

A loud thud was soon heard nearby, which caused Glimmer to cry out, as she pulled Bow out of the way of an oncoming robot. 

"Bow! Are you okay? Are you hurt? Are you-" 

Before Glimmer could ask Bow any more questions, Bow closed the distance between them and pressed his lips gently against hers. 

"I'm fine," he assured her, "Now, let's keep going." 

Adora gave a nod of determination, too, and we resumed our journey. 

Soon, another robot approached us, but Glimmer and Bow handled this one. They rewired it until it didn't want to kill us anymore, which you know, was always great. After that, the sky began to grow dark again and the clouds above made me believe that it might rain again soon. Thus, we made our way back to the palace, and Adora turned to us. 

"We will find him. Together. I'm not giving up on this...we just need to be careful," she added, as she glanced towards Bow and then me for a second. 

Bow and Glimmer nodded and said that they would meet with us again as soon as they could, before they made their way on down the palace hall. 

In the meantime, I took a step towards Adora. 

"We will find him and we will get this done, Adora. I'll make sure of it. No one hurts my friends. Not on my watch," I said. 

I wanted to head back out right now in search of Silver but it was becoming frighteningly freezing outside and I was in no mood to wander out into the cold rain again, so I stayed put. 

"I was just...I was so irresponsible. I could have been really hurt and Bow could have been really hurt today and- I don't know. I haven't felt She-ra recently, either. Maybe this is it, Catra. Maybe I'm losing her," Adora said, as a worried expression appeared on her face. She sat down on one of the benches in the hallway of Glimmer's palace, then, and I took a seat beside her, so I could place a hand on one of her shoulders. 

"Listen to me, Adora, because I'm going to be honest with you here. It was safe to say I was terrified when you headed right towards that robot earlier, but look, we made it out of that situation and Bow is safe now, too! Nobody got hurt! Nobody is hurt!" I said. 

"No but they could have been," Adora said quietly, as her eyebrows moved together and she stared down at her slender hands, that were joined together in her lap. 

"We need you, Adora. You've got to stay strong, okay? Just remember that I'm here for you. I'm not going anywhere. Never again. I promise." 

Adora's expression softened slightly, then, but before she could even reply to that statement, there was a knock upon the palace door. We had a visitor. 

Adora and I went to investigate who it was and I found myself taking several steps backwards once he came into view. 

"What is he doing here?" I asked. 

"Well, that's not a nice way to address your former boss," Hordak replied. 

"Catra, relax. It's okay," Adora said, as she straightened up a little and cleared her throat. "Ahem. What are you doing here, Hordak?" she asked, as she narrowed her eyes slightly at him. 

"I believed that you could use a rational mind, here, instead of running about like children. I have reason to understand that one of Entrapta's many inventions has gone a little haywire again. Is this correct?" he asked, then, as his eyes glanced between the two of us. 

I shifted uncomfortably between my feet, as I swallowed nervously. 

"You know about the robots?" Adora asked him, "How do you know about the robots?" she added.

"Hordak, you're here!" Entrapta exclaimed with enthusiasm, as she rushed forward to grab Hordak into a hug. "It's good to see you again, old friend!" she said. 

Hordak released a soft laugh. 

It was probably the first time I had ever heard a laugh out of him. 

Once Entrapta had settled down on the ground again, she turned to the both of us. 

"I hope you two don't mind. I kind of invited Hordak here," she explained. 

Hordak gave a nod as if to confirm this. 

Sooner than Adora or I could reply, we heard footsteps moving down the palace hall towards us and turned to find Mermista there. 

"Hi," she said. As her eyes glanced towards Hordak, though, she took a step back. "Okay, am I crazy or is one of those big scary Horde guys here? What's he doing here?" Mermista asked, then. 

"If you must know, I am here to help you with your little robot issue, Mermaidina," he said. 

Mermista pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Why do so many people keep getting my name wrong? It's so easy. Merm-ista. Mermista, got it?" she asked him. 

Hordak only shrugged in response to that, as he took a step forward into the palace.