16 ⚔️ Adora

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I had managed to get even a wink of sleep with all the worries over Entrapta's disappearance circling my brain. Despite that, I awoke the next morning feeling well-rested and smiled as I looked towards Bow and Glimmer who were cuddled up together. Bow's fingers were gradually moving through Glimmer's hair as he fidgeted in his slumber. 

"Good morning Bow. Good morning Queen Glimmer," I greeted them quietly, as I made my way over to the kitchen to prepare us some little pastries for breakfast. We were going to need to keep our strength up, especially considering we didn't have a clue when we would be out of the woods again. 

I knew that we hadn't been away from the palace that long, but it was already beginning to feel like a distant memory. The only thing that was truly whole in my mind was the thought and image of Catra. 

With every waking moment, my stomach twisted as I thought about the fact that I had left her behind. Maybe there was still time...Perhaps I would have an opportunity to turn back now and get her but I truly doubted that she wanted to see me any time soon. If there was one thing I knew for sure then it was that Catra was, well, Catra and she didn't exactly take lightly to being left behind. At the time, I had thought that I was doing all of this for her own good, so that she couldn't be hurt again. Now, I had a nagging feeling that I hadn't done the right thing at all. I was so preoccupied with these thoughts that I almost burnt the pastries that I was baking. Thankfully, Glimmer's voice that yelled, "Adora!" was enough to break me from my reverie.

Glimmer's violet eyes flickered with worry, as they settled on my own.  

"Princess Adora...is everything okay?" she asked me. 

I knew that her question was serious because she was referring to me as princess Adora, which was a rarity. 

"We should go back. We should go and get Catra and-"

Glimmer's eyes widened slightly then.

Bow yawned as he walked over to join us.

"Good morning best friend and girlfriend! How are we this morning?" he asked.

"Adora wants to go back," Glimmer told him.

I just gave her a look of subtle irritation.

"Glimmer," I said.

"What? That's what you said! See, I knew I should have just come out here to look for Entrapta by myself! You're not concentrating," Glimmer said, as her eyes searched my face momentarily. "And I understand you being upset, Adora, of course I do! However, we have a mission on hand here. We need to find Entrapta. First though, I need some breakfast," Glimmer stated, as she moved past me to get to the breakfast pastries.

When she was turned away from us, Bow observed the look upon my face and met me with a sympathetic expression of his own.

" Hey, this is Catra. She's going to be just fine,"he said.

I merely raised an eyebrow at him.

"Maybe, "he said.

"I can understand her being mad at me. I promised her after we fought Horde Prime that I was going to make sure the two of us stuck together and..." I trailed off, as Bow placed a hand gently on my shoulder.

"We've got this, Adora. We have to find Entrapta and then you'll be back with Catra again before you even know it!" Bow said.

"You're right, Bow. Entrapta relies on us and... We have to find her. So, should we venture on?" I asked and then my stomach grumbled loudly.

"Maybe after breakfast?" Bow suggested, as good natured humour came alive in his eyes.

I nodded in agreement and the two of us joined Glimmer at Madame Razz's kitchen table.

"You don't think she'll mind us being here, do you?" Glimmer asked.

"Glimmer, you're a queen. I highly doubt she is going to have a problem with you eating breakfast on her kit hen table... Besides, it's not as if we are going to be here for long. We have things to do," Bow reminded her.

Glimmer relaxed a little after that and the two of them began to ask me all about what I thought had happened to Entrapta. So, ultimately, I was honest. I told them that Entrapta had probably been taken by a crazy robot and that we needed to find her and get her back as soon as possible before we had a very real problem on our hands. Glimmer suggested I just turn into She-ra because I would probably have a better vantage point from my eight foot height. At least, I currently believed that I was right foot tall. It changed a lot. I had never really measured how tall I was, obviously. It was safe to say that I had been a little occupied the past few months.

The height wasn't the only perk to being She-ra, of course. That form wasn't limited in its abilities. I was super strong, super fast and I had some kind of magical abilities, too, to top it all off. I was still working out the latter, of course.

I gave Bow and Glimmer a charismatic smile, as we all headed back out into The Whispering Woods after breakfast.

Glimmer's expression brightened a little then, too. It was a good thing to see that she was in a better mood, now, though I supposed that the breakfast pastries had also probably helped with that.

"Now, let's go save Entrapta!" Glimmer exclaimed energetically.

So, Bow, Glimmer and I began to make our way through The Whispering Woods until we came to the heart of the forest, which happened to be where I had first found my sword and also discovered that I could turn into an eight foot tall warrior lady, of course.

Glimmer, Bow and I began to look around for any clue that we could find as to where Entrapta had got to. Eventually, my eyes settled on a shiny piece of metal, a robot part, not too far from us.