21 ⚔️ Adora

Eventually, I actually did get some sleep, which was a relief because I knew we had a big day ahead of us. We'll, every day had felt like a big day recently. We were still searching for Entrapta and the others and it was absolutely imperative that we found all of them as soon as we could. We were dealing with robots here! I had enough time with those beings in the past to know that they were not to be trusted. More to the point, I knew that I needed to find Catra as soon as I could, too. There was plenty that I needed to say to her and I knew that we hadn't been apart from each other for that long but we were Adora and Catra. This was just the way things had always worked. At least, I hoped that she wouldn't be too mad at me. I sort of needed her. Always. 

"Adora..." someone said then. 

"Yeah Catra?" I asked, as my eyes fluttered a few times. 

"Uh...earth to Adora? I think you have the wrong person there. I am not Catra, nor have I ever had cat ears...you're actually thinking of the wrong creature entirely there. I'm a mermaid, hence the name Mermista, or have you forgot-" the blue haired person in front of me began to ask, in her slightly sarcastic tone. 

"Mermista!" I yelled out, as I wrapped my arms around her after seeing that she had got to our camp. Well, I said camp but it was probably the most unorganised living space I had seen in a long time. 

"Okay, well, that was kind of unexpected but this is nice," Mermista said, as she hugged me back for a few moments. 

"Mermista...I am so glad that you're here! We don't have much time. Entrapta...been taken by crazy robot guy! And Catra is on her way and Perfuma was with Catra but then she got teleported here and it's all sort of crazy!" I said, before I gave a slight chuckle. 

Mermista raised an eyebrow at me, then, in response to my ramblings. 

She soon placed a hand on my shoulder and sighed. 

"Alright, alright, Adora...I'm going to need you to slow down here, okay? A lot," she said. 

"I was meant to be studying this year, you know? I was meant to be learning how to be a better princess and instead I completely missed the fact that Entrapta had created these robots which...don't get me wrong, some of them ended up being good! The others...not so much. One of them took Entrapta away and all I know for sure now is that we have to get her back! We just need to carry on into the woods and then maybe we might find-" I paused, as Mermista's eyes widened again. 

"You're rambling as though you've had a lot of sleep deprivation. Are you okay, Adora? Do you need some rest? How long have you guys even been out here?" Mermista asked, then, as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. 

"Not long," I said. 

"Well, I have to admire the fact that you've made it this long without having an argument with the queen of drama. You always were a good friend Adora! You need to stop beating yourself up so much...I mean, we're all here now, aren't we? I have to admit, an invitation in the first place would sort of have been nice. If any one of us princesses is in danger, then I want to be there to help out! I know that we can do this together," Mermista said, as her warm eyes brightened somewhat. 

"Mermista! Hi!" Glimmer said, as she wandered over to the two of us then, "Wait a minute...who is the queen of drama?" she swiftly added. 

"Oh, that would most definitely not be you," Mermista said, but it was incredibly evident that she meant the complete opposite of what she had said. 

Glimmer just narrowed her eyes at Mermista, as she grumbled. Then, she made her way over to Bow, who was just beginning to wake up. 

"Point is, I came out here to check on you guys. I also know for sure that we can get them back! I mean...I'm Sea-ra, after all and we're all together now!" she said, "Well, most of us...Sea Hawk is kind of on the way," she added. 

"ADVENTURE!" a voice called out then and the corner of Mermista's mouth twitched up a little. 

I noticed from where we had decided to rest the previous evening that we weren't too far from the sea! Sea Hawk was making his way towards us in a giant ship! 

"Oh look there he is now! Let's get moving, people!" Mermista called out energetically. 

"I entirely agree. That sounds like a good plan," Perfuma stated. 

Mermista glanced towards the flower princess then and gave a nod of her head. 

As we began to board Sea Hawk's boat, I believed that we all knew that we were going to have a much better chance of being able to spot those pesky robots this time around. 

"We need to stay close to the coast line," Bow stated, as his eyes scanned the land nearby, "I mean...they're robots, they can't have gone that far, right?" he asked. 

"They're teleporting robots, Bow! They could have gone anywhere!" Glimmer said, as she rubbed her temples. 

Bow looked towards her with some sympathy, as he gently took her hand in his. 

"We'll find them. Don't you worry yourself none, majesty," Mermista said, as she winked in Glimmer's direction. 

Glimmer seemed to relax a little, then, even if she had begun to get her tiara in a twist. 

"So, while we were gone...what exactly happened to you guys?" Mermista asked. 

"Well, you know...same old, same old," I began to say. 

"Adora, Glimmer and I all camped out at Madame Razz's, before we knew it, Perfuma had joined our team and warned us that there was a good chance that Scorpia and Catra were in trouble," Bow explained. 

"But we're going to get them back," I vowed. 

Bow nodded. 

"Of course we are," he said encouragingly, as we began to spot metal figures walking through the trees nearby.