26 🐈 Catra

It was fortunate that Spinnerella and Netossa had been so hospitable because I hadn't really realised how hungry I was until breakfast time the next morning. After that, we felt much more energised and were ready to take on the world! At least, I hoped that we were. I had an Adora to save...and all of her friends, too. I couldn't really forget the other princesses, especially Perfuma who had been with us at one point. Besides, how could I even forget the flower princess when Scorpia kept going on about her all the time? 

"Wow, you really like Perfuma, huh?" I asked her, as a small smile played on my lips as the two of us continued on down a narrow forest path. 

"No. I mean...she's a friend, that's really-" Scorpia began to say, until I gasped. 

"A mouse! And a spider? Okay, someone out there really hates me today," I said, as I glanced towards the terrible creatures making their way past us. 

Scorpia met me with an expression of sympathy, as we continued to walk ahead. I tried to ignore the mouse and the spider as best as I could. 

Of course, Spinnerella and Netossa were still with us and this was something that I was thankful for because any back up was good backup. 

"Whatever... We have to keep moving. Adora relies on me as much as- as much as I rely on her," I said.

"And there's a good chance she's still alive! According to my system data, the robots shouldn't be able to cause fatal injuries!" Entrapta said.

I merely raised an eyebrow at her, then.

"Good to know," I said.

"We will get your friend back, Catra. I promise you that... And then all will be right in Etheria again! Everything is better when you two are together," Spinnerella said then.

I felt a blush come across my cheeks at her warm words.

"I don't know about everything being right in Etheria but nothing is right in my eyes when... When Adora's gone," I stated.

Netossa just gave me an understanding nod, then.

"We'll get her back," Netossa vowed.

"Netossa here is fabulously hard working! A mission has never failed on her watch," Spinnerella said, as she gave her wife a kiss on the cheek.

Netossa's pupils enlarged slightly for a moment, as she smiled. She soon returned her attentions to me, though.

"We cannot trust chaos, which is exactly why we need rules. How, Scorpia, you will be on lookout in case the other robots come this way. Entrapta, use your tracker pad to see if you can locate the others. Spinny, Netossa, let's keep moving," I said.

The two of them nodded in agreement.

"I'm so excited! If I start work on reconnecting the blue and green wires of my robots, they'll be good as new in no time!" Entrapta said.

Well, one could only hope.

"I'm on it, Captain Catra!" Scorpia said with a grin.

As we managed to avoid getting caught up in tree roots nearby, I really wished Perfuma hadn't got herself teleported away from us. I soon caught sight of a large cat walking away from us.

Hold on a second. This wasn't any large cat.

"Melog?" I asked.

The cat's ears pricked up then, as it turned to face me.

"Uh... Catra, who is your friend?" Netossa asked me, then, as her eyes glanced towards the cat in front of us. The cat glanced cautiously in Netossa's direction and its mane turned red momentarily.

"Melog!" I exclaimed cheerfully, as I went over to the cat to bring it into a hug. The main returned to its peaceful shade of blue.

"I may or may not have sneaked this cat home from Krytis," I explained, "Then one day... Melog disappeared. I'm so glad to see you again!Adora is in trouble!" I added.

Melog's ears pricked up with interest, then.

"Do you want to come and help us out?" I asked them.

Melog gave a nod, as they nuzzled my arm gently.

If there was one thing that I hadn't missed about Etheria when I had been on Horde Prime's ship, then it was how many forests there were here! I felt as thiufh wr had been walking through the woods for ages, but soon enough we came to a clearing.

"This is so exciting! The tracker pad says that there's some bots nearby," Entrapta called out enthusiastically.

"And we are excited about this because...?" Netossa began to ask.

"Yeah... Exciting isn't exactly the word I would use but we'll go with that. Entrapta just...try to turn the robots back to normal, please," I said.

Entrapta nodded, then.

"I sure will! These little guys will be back home before we know it!" she said.

I felt my eyes widen slightly in response to that statement.

"Little?" I asked, as I recalled how tall Fifi had been. Nothing about any of these robots was "little".

They were taller than Scorpia and that was saying something!

As I thought of Scorpia, I turned to meet her gaze for a moment.

"Don't worry, Catra. I have my eyes set on the area. No robots will sneak in on my watch!" she said with some tenacity.

"And if they do... We will be ready," I said confidently, as my hand went to the handle of my gun for a second.

Fortunately, I had remembered to bring my weapons with me. Even though Horde Prime was gone, I couldn't be careless. I always remembered to bring my weapons with me everywhere I went! Just in case...

"We will do whatever we can to help bring Adora and the others back, Catra," Spinnerella said, then.

I gave her an appreciative expression but my attention was soon turned away from her when Netossa called out.

"Let's go! I see one nearby. Let's go. We've got this," she said energetically, as she rushed ahead and the rest of us tried to keep up with her.

I was glad that the forest was mostly temperate because all of the running I had done so far made me feel hot and flushed. There was no time to rest, though. We were nearby the robots again. We had to be ready.

We continued on through the rain as the fresh scent of damp wood became apparent in the air and we soon spotted robotic figures not too far from us.

"Okay... Remember the plan. We can do this. We have to do this for our friends!" I said with passion.

We had to do this for them.

I had to do this for Adora.

"I have a bad feeling about this, wildcat," Scorpia whispered to me, as we ducked out of the way and hid behind a large grey rock.

I couldn't let go of this plan, though, no matter what. A robot was getting closer. I could feel it.

I sprung out from behind the rock and aimed my gun at it, at the same time that it pulled a ray gun out on me.

I had to distract the robot, though. I could see Entrapta rewiring the robots nearby and I couldn't let this one see her.

I began to wave my arms frantically.

"Hey, metalhead! Come and get me!" I yelled.

Melog purred beside me.

"I know, Melog, but I have to this. For the others," I said.

The last thing I saw before I was zapped by one of the bots was Melog looking incredibly sad. Then all of sudden, everything went dark.