56 🐈 Catra

The following morning, when I knew Adora was still fast asleep, I walked down the hall because I needed to talk to Scorpia as soon as possible. Once I got to her room, I found Perfuma fast asleep in Scorpia's bed and Scorpia was getting ready for the day ahead. 

I smirked, as I wandered over to Scorpia to tap her on the shoulder. 

"Would you like to tell me what is going on here, Scorpia?" I asked her, as I felt amusement fill my soul. 

Scorpia looked towards Perfuma and her eyes widened slightly. 

"Perfuma and I did some reading together last night and then it was dark and Perfuma was exhausted, so I said she could stay here," Scorpia said, as her cheeks blushed slightly. 

I was too happy to tease her too much about what had happened, so I simply gave a shrug of my shoulders. 

"If you say so," I said. 

Scorpia nodded and then smiled, as her eyes soon became filled with curiosity. 

"So, what did you need, Catra?" Scorpia asked me. 

"I want you to be my best woman," I said. 

Scorpia's eyes grew larger in her surprise. 

"Best woman...like, you're getting married?" Scorpia asked. 

"Well yeah, Scorpia, that tends to be when best women are necessary," I stated. 

Perfuma's eyes soon fluttered open and she looked towards Scorpia and I with interest. 

"Catra...what's going on?" Perfuma asked. 

"Catra's getting married!" Scorpia said excitedly, "To Adora?" she added. 

"No, Scorpia, to Double Trouble," I said sarcastically. 

"I heard that! I think you'll find I would make a wonderful spouse. One day. Maybe. I can literally be what anybody wants," Double Trouble said, as they passed by the doorway of Scorpia's room. 

"Yes, to Adora," I said, as I felt my heart flutter with butterflies again. 

"This is so exciting!" Perfuma said, as a warm smile made its way onto her face, "We need to get dresses immediately!" she said. 

"Oh, we'll need one for Adora. I, on the other hand, am going to wear a suit," I said decisively. 

"I think that's a great idea! I'll help you pick one out," Scorpia said. 

"And I have plenty of suits that you could choose from, Kitten! Just let me know if you need my assistance," Double Trouble said, as they bowed. 

"Thank you, DT," I told them. 

Double Trouble's eyes brightened slightly, then. 

"You're welcome," they said, as they grinned at me and then made their way on down the hall. 

Scorpia and I followed suit, and soon we wandered into the main dressing room where we soon found a brilliant burgundy suit that I would be able to wear for the wedding. I was still registering how crazy this all was. I mean, I was actually marrying Adora. I would have thought that this day was just the thing of dreams and fantasy but now the day had finally arrived. 

Once I was done with trying on the suit, I looked into the mirror and grinned at my reflection. 

"Oh you look good, darling," Double Trouble said, as they smiled at me, "Just one final touch," they added, as they tied my hair back into a ponytail.