20 ⚔️ Adora

"Alright... So it's safe to say we have a problem. If the robots can open portals... Who knows what else they can do?" Glimmer asked, as her eyes widened slightly in her concern.

I knew that we hadn't been in the forest for long but it had felt like it had been months since we had last seen Entrapta, rather than just days. I punched the bridge of my nose.

"That's honestly a good point, Glimmer... Which is also exactly why we have to keep moving! If they can open portals then who knows what else they can do? Perfuma... You're lucky you made it out of that portal alive," I said.

Perfuma sighed then.

"Yeah, I know," she said.

The golden sun was beginning to set on the day, which took me by slight surprise because it had felt like it had been morning mere hours ago. That was one of the things about the Whispering Woods, though. It was fairly easy to get entirely disorientated. The only clear goal I had set in my mind was to find Entrapta and get back to Bright Moon as soon as was possible.

"Adora... It's getting so late. Maybe we should head back," Glimmer said.

"Back where?" I asked.

"I don't know... Perfuma, where did the portal open up again?" Glimmer asked her.

Perfuma seemed to consider her question for a second, before she said, "Further forward in the woods... Or was it further back? I don't know. If we start making our way back then... Maybe we can get to Scorpia, Emily and Catra in time," Perfuma said.

Bow blinked as he thought over Perfuma's words.

"Wait. Emily was with you?" Bow asked.

Perfuma released a light laugh.

"Well, yeah. She wanted to come with us," she explained.

As Perfuma began to recount her tales of her journey so far with Emily, Scorpia and Catra, my eyes went to the sky again to discover it was turning to a dark shade of blue. It was no use. I knew that we needed to move and we needed to move fast if we were going to get back to Catra and the others before the sun set completely and submerged us all in total darkness.

"Don't worry, everyone. We can do this," I said, as warmth filled my voice. "And I do whatever it takes to get them back safely," I said, "Especially Catra... I need to apologise," I blurted, "Again," I added, as I nervously rubbed the back of my neck.

The others nodded and we began to move forward.

"Are you okay, Adora?" Glimmer asked me, as she walked closer beside me.

"As long as we can get everyone back together, then we can all begin to work on fighting these robots. They can't all be bad though, can they?" I asked, as I avoided tripping over a branch on the grass below our feet, "I mean-Fifi was on our side," I said.

"Fifi?" Bow and Glimmer asked in unison.

"Yeah? Haven't I mentioned her yet? Point is, we just need to shut this whole thing down. We already know that once portals start getting opened, things quickly take a turn for the worst," I reminded them.

Glimmer and Bow's eyes shone with worry, then, but I simply gave them a gentle smile of encouragement.

"We aren't going to let that happen though because we have each other. As long as we have each other, we can sort anything out! I won't let anything hurt my friends," I said.

Glimmer gave a nod of agreement .

"I know, Adora. Maybe we should rest, though," she said.

I sighed, as I began to press my fingers to my temples.

"Maybe you're right," I said, as we came to a small cleaning nearby, "One person is going to have to keep lookout, though... Just in case more robots arrive."

"I'll do it," Bow said with ease.

"And then I'll take over... You can rely on me. Now listen, I promise that nothing bad is going to happen to us. We've got this. I won't let you down," I told them.

The corner of Bow's mouth twitched up a little, then.

"Well, we already know that we can trust you, Adora," Bow said, with a kind-hearted smile.

As we came to rest upon the cool green grass in the clearing, my eyes looked to the glistening silver stars above. I couldn't sleep though.

Bow caught sight of the fact that I wasn't sleeping and his eyes flickered with sympathy.

"Are you okay, Adora?" he asked me.

"I don't know, Bow. Maybe I was expecting too much for us to just be able to come out here and get Entrapta back... Now, Catra is involved and goodness knows who else is going to get mixed up in all of this... And I just feel like now that I'm a princess more than ever I'm constantly trying to make sure that everyone is okay and what if I'm not doing enough, Bow? I just want the best for everyone and-"

"Adora, Adora. You really do need to rest up. If you stay awake all night then you'll have no energy for tomorrow. You're doing your best. That's all any one of us ever can do," Bow said, as his expression became gentler. "Besides, I'm one of your best friends, Adora and I can promise you that we long as you have your friends by your side, nothing bad is going to happen. We are here for you!" he added in a whisper-yell, so as not to wake up the others.

A cool breeze passed by us then, but I felt a little warmer after hearing Bow's kind words. It was a crystal clear night and I knew that if I couldn't sleep then I could at least appreciate the beauty of the night sky that blanketed us. I lay down upon the grass and felt a small smile make its way into my face as I observed the purple leaves fall from the trees nearby. Soon enough, I would get everyone back together. Soon enough, I would see Catra again. Then, I could talk to her... about everything. I really did miss her.