Chapter 22 🌺

Nikita Anderson's Point of View

Today is my first day at work , and the feeling I have is only enthusiasm , I cannot wait  to show them what I am capable of. The kids were now getting ready for school. School was the topic of the house , I was over the moon when they told me they enjoyed school , I was relieved infact and I asked if any friends yet and they said yes .

So now I preparing their lunchboxes and they were getting ready for school , Having two children is no child's play especially when you are raising them alone . But I managed to survive alone .

"Kids are y'all ready ? " I smiled .

" Yes Mom we are ready ! " Then I heard them descending the stairs .

Today we weren't going to be that late , I had already called the cab , we left our house and I locked the doors and I climbed in the cab and we departured to the schools kids and we climbed out of the cab and it drove off after I had payed the driver. Some ladies were gossiping about us I would hear them saying they pity my children , Some said I got what I deserved because I was whoring around. It was really an appalling feeling I had to feel , I was really a short tempered woman if only my kids did not receive their education here I was going to kick them hoes .

"Mommy ! Are you alright? " Apollo asked .

" Yes sweetheart I am fine and please guys enjoy your day , I will be right here when the school's out ,Okay? " I smiled sweetly at them they were my reason to wake up in the morning. So I walked and Entered the building , and I first saw kegan.

"Good evening Ma'am , I hope you enjoy working with your team." I smiled at him.

"Thank you Kegan but please call me Nikita , Ma'am is an old woman! " I smiled at him.

"Okay ! Nikita " I smiled at him he also returned the smile I took the elevator up And went to Miss Jones Office and I knocked and heard a Sweet "Come in ".

"Good Morning Miss , I came here to ask where can I find my team the one that I will be helping out with editing and previous files used for the other clients." I smiled at her.

"Oh! Come in my dear! Well the boardroom meeting is going to start by 9 o'clock  and I have asked  kegan to fix the boardroom for us  , then with the files they are in that  first black drawer . " she smiled courteously.

I went into the drawer and took about 35 files .

"Thank you Miss J  I will get right onto the files " I nodded while making my way out the door.

"Seemingly I got myself Lots and lots of work , I should better get right onto it . " I muttered to myself.

---------

It has been two hours since I have been working on these files then I checked my clock it was ten to 9 (08:50) so I quickly Fixed my desk and Went out of my office and quickly went for the boardroom . And I found everyone already sited.

"Come here my dear! " Miss Jones said enthusiastically.

I followed her and I stood by the projector with her

"Good morning everyone ! I hope you had a wonderful night , But now we back to rock and role" and I had laughter at the back and everyone erupted with laughter.

"Okay everyone , we have ourselves a new editor and of cause she is going to help you with a few things especially those who are interns. Everybody I present to you Miss Anderson ! A round of applause for her " I smiled at Miss Jones and I knew I would have to say something short.

"Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome ,I am Nikita Anderson but you may call me Nikita , As Miss Jones has said I will be helping you here and there and from time to time and I would Actually be relieved if You cooperate ." I smiled.