33. Safety vs. Feelings

Add my wattpad Snapchat for updates, sneak peaks, and more!
@bxbsaremythingg

I hope you enjoyyyyy!!!!

••••••••

Parker's POV
The Next Morning...

P'king!

I groaned as I woke up to my phone vibrating and sounding off text message notifications, but a small smile stretched my lips when I saw that it was Gyorgy who'd texted me so many times.

Gyorgy: I can't come over next week.
Gyorgy: I'm sorry.
Gyorgy: I think we should wait.
Gyorgy: You should lay low. You just got shot, Park. Take some time to heal and I'll come to you when you're all better.
Gyorgy: Please don't be too upset with me. I'm only staying away because I care about you and I can't stand to see you hurt.

A scowl immediately took place on my face; I knew that Gyorgy hadn't decided to stay in Seattle on his own. He'd just given himself to me—he wouldn't disappoint me like this on his own. Someone had obviously forced him to cancel on me...

"Damien," I growled groggily as I tossed my covers aside and stumbled over to my door. "Look, I'm getting really sick and tired of your shit, man," I seethed as I limped over to him whilst he stood in the doorframe of his bedroom.

"We don't even share a bathroom. Besides, I always flush," he joked.

"What the hell is your problem?" I scoffed. "Do you just not want me to ever find happiness?"

"Come on, Parker. Let's not be dramatic—"

"I've been waiting for him for seven years," I chuckled as I shed tears brimmed my eyes. "I-I, I love him and you keep...you keep getting in the way whenever I convince him to come to me. We had plans for nest week and you made him cancel," I whined. "I get that you don't like him but at this point it feels like you don't like me either."

"Parker—"

"Where's Vaughn?"

Damien frowned and shook his head. "Why?"

"Because he's the only parent that seems to care about my feelings," I answered simply.

"That's not true! Now you're just throwing yourself a pity-party. I care about you and your safety just as much as Vaughn does!"

"This isn't about my safety, Day. This is about my feelings," I corrected. When my taller guardian frowned as if he confused, I scoffed and shook my head. "Exactly."

"Park—"

"I'm going out," I muttered as I turned towards my room to get dressed.

"No, you're not. You're quarantined. You need to hide yourself from—"

I closed my door on Damien while he was speaking, but he immediately barged in after I'd done so, and grabbed my arm with a rather tight and painful grip. "Day, that hur—"

"Look, Parker, I get that you're upset with me for protecting you, but I need you to ease up on me. Just a little bit, okay? Because recently you've been blowing up on me and breaking my heart with such...cold words, and only because I want what's best for you."

"So, in your mind what's best for me? Keeping me from seeing the guy I've been desperately needing to see for seven years to fill the empty void that only grows larger and deeper the longer I'm away from him when you know damn well that he will be and is already now one of my main sources of happiness?! You know that he can replace my depression with happiness, yet you separate us! Always!"