Chapter 3

Each day passed by quickly, I've been through a lot of troubles after that competition.

Math.

Math Competition.

I worked so hard on this test, I went back and forth to preparing myself to entering this competition, my friends told me it is good for college resume. I risked everything to win this math competition. It won't matter that I only sleep for 2 hours, I will not die after studying for too long until my nose's bleeding, I won't sleep in ICU after taking one bottle of pills that help me stay awake, nothing will happen to me if I only eat burgers that I got from drive thru because I'm working on my future by studying.
Studying.

Yes study.

I endured that all, because of my intention on winning this, remember they said, nothing is impossible, for those who worked hard, I did worked hard for making people think that person like me, who is not born from golden spoon, can achieve the same level as rich kids did. I'm trying to force myself for showing them.

I passed the level of the test quickly, I defeated 25 students from all over the countries, from different school, for someone from Texas who never got on a plane before, my school provided everything in hand before I went to England for the final test, I heard before, that the final test will be aired on tv.

Only two people will be chosen as the final members that will bring back two trophy at the same time, I get chosen as the final members, and another one is the daughter of a conglomerate from London, at first I can sense something was off at the first place, when we're waiting for the staff to call us for entering the stage.

She's sweating so much, I knew that she's bringing a gun with her and placed it behind her uniform, but at that time I was unable to think that far until she's able to kill herself in front of many people. So, I just ignored the fact that she brings that gun to the stage, without telling the staff and security guards to check her one more time.

Her parents were wearing luxury suit, dress, and seeing her one last time before she went off to the stage, we were answering the question that were asked by one person and we had to press the red button if we know the answer.
And, from ten questions, eight of them were answered by me. I took a glance on her parents is face, and I can tell by their looks, they're unhappy with the results.

The competition ends, and we were sitting back, but still caught on camera, and that moment when my name was called to walk to the front for receiving two trophies after winning, that moment.

That moment.

Ruined my life until now.

She pulled out the gun and walk towards me, she raised it, placed it inside her mouth, then she shot herself with it, that caused her to fall on her back to the ground, and her blood keep coming through her mouth. I still remember vividly her eyes, and she smile to me, I also couldn't hear all the noises around me, the staff were calling me, but I just froze there, my whole body couldn't move, my hands were shaking from holding the big trophy, but I look around, and found no trace that her parent's presence.

Her daughter is dying now, and where are they?

For a few minutes, I'm just staring at her, but my mind went back again after the staff pulling my left hand and I shoved his hands away, I handed him my trophy and went to hold her in the middle of chaos. I shook her body, and her face were still the same, her eyes were opened and her mouth curved into a smile, she died like that, I keep gripping on her body in hope she will mutter some words but, she doesn't so I cried and shook her body.

"where's her parents?"

"where is her mom?"

"call her parents, I saw them earlier, call them for me,"

That's all the questions that I muttered back then, with my tears keep rolling down on my cheek, and no one answered me. Until the hall was empty, still no trace of her parents, no one were coming for us. I sit there for 30 minutes and until the police come with a few staff, they told me to go to the hotel to rest. But I insisted on doing that, by wanting to know where's her parents.

They even offered me to drive me back to my hotel, but I still insisted and said that I want to accompany her until her parents is here to hold their daughter. So, I followed them to the hospital, and sat in front of her. Looking at her, I wait for like until really late at night, still her parents is not here to see her.

The police said that her parents would be arrived soon, and they said that they will drive me back to my hotel, and I followed them, they're dropping me off safely and I went to my room to rest.

I pulled my phone inside my bag and didn't realize that my family were all worrying me, I can open it one by one but, when I opened one of my best friend's text. She sent me o few of the newest article that said,

"because of someone's greed, a person dies,"

"you're the cause of her death, dear G,"

"you can't live peacefully after killing someone,"

And still a lot of articles that made me a murderer, with the pictures with me in it and crying.

"I didn't kill her," that's what I said with crying state over phone with my best friend.

"I didn't, I didn't," I clenched my fist and crying.

The day I supposed to come back to Texas is more terrible, it is too traumatized for me to remember it, the reporter was standing in a line for waiting for me to come out, I can become a celebrity at this moment. After I showed up, they're all burst towards me and asking me a ridiculous questions such as why I don't just let her win, why I don't just pretend that I don't know the answer, the news is getting hard to control after I pushed one of them and caused them to fall down, right then, a new article about me was published, that said I'm being aggressive, probably I threaten the daughter of the conglomerate, so that she ended her life right away in front of me.

Honestly, I don't even know her at all.
Back to my own home, I'm being treated unfairly, my parents were blaming me to enter that competition, that caused them to become ashamed, they don't even trust me, every minutes of our talks, they always mentioned that I shouldn't have entered that. I shouldn't have joined that, they made me stay inside my room for a while.

My school life was more harder, my locker were broken, my table were missing and they told me to get out from class, although my own best friend, her name is Emma, helps me a lot, I decide to not hanging out with her for a time being, I don't want to drag her into this matter. I should find a way out by myself, she gets a lot of fight because of me.

What's happening next is more shocking, the girl's parents were doing an interview, and said that,

"Georgina had been threatening my daughter this whole time, she probably saw her a lot on television and said that if she-," her mom was crying and stopped for a while, and continued, "said that if my daughter win, she would kill her,".

That's not true at all.

After all, without us realizing.

People only want to hear what they think what's right isn't it?