Chapter 18

Their holiday in New York went well, they had explored a lot of places together, for the whole trip, Cody did spend a lot of money on the trip, he said that's a gift for Vincenzo's graduation, Vincenzo already been there for him through thick and thin, and he told Vincenzo that just by taking him on the trip won't make him fall into poverty.

On their last day of their New York trip, they settled down on a night bar near their hotel, just relaxing there and watching performer singing, dancing, they also drank beer that night.

"what are you planning to do now? You're not going to school anymore," Cody asked him while taking a sip of his beer.

"I'm not sure too," Vincenzo answered him back while laid his back on the chair, and continued, "should I just follow you to draw?" he jokingly said.

"use that brain of yours properly," Cody said as he put down the glass.

"I will go to medical school for sure," Vincenzo look at the table and nodded slowly.

"that's one dream of yours, right? you told me your goal is to become like your father," Cody said as he looked at Vincenzo's showing a sad expression.

"of course, becoming a doctor is a dream of mine," Vincenzo answered while sighed.

"what's with that sigh, of course that's a dream of yours, but what?" Cody asked him seriously this time.

"I got way too much rival in my life," Vincenzo narrowed his brows and laugh.

"what's wrong with that then? you have always getting hate from your peers too," Cody jokingly comforted him.

Vincenzo slapped his shoulder hardly until Cody moaning in pain, and Vincenzo rolled his eyes on Cody's trick.

"you know, my enemy is not only my peers and people around me," Vincenzo said as he sighed for once again.

"you mean your family?" Cody asked him to make sure again who is his enemy and rival that he means.

"yeah," Vincenzo responded and sighed, then he looks up to the night sky and admiring the beauty of it.

"my enemy, my rival is more than my peers, more than my friend with the same goals as me, my rival was the person who's really close to me, my family, and my relatives," Vincenzo said as he rubbed his head and closed his eyes, by thinking of the fact that he had to deal with the words that spread out from mouth to mouth.

"relax dude, you have been dealing with that for your whole life, you're going to be fine anyway, I can promise that," Cody said as he tapped his one and only friend's shoulder.
Vincenzo nodded and asked an unpredicted question.

"what do you think of Martha?" Vincenzo asked.

"why do you ask me that?" Cody's surprised by his questions.

"do you believe on love at the first sight?" Vincenzo asked him again.

Cody's hesitated at first, but he calmly answered him, "Yes, I do believe on that," and he nodded.

Vincenzo's curious about one thing for sure, he is going to ask about Martha.

"and, are you experiencing that now?" Vincenzo asked him.

Cody shyly answered him, "yes, I think I'm falling in love with one person now,"

"wow, who is that?" Vincenzo grabbed the beer on the table and poured it on his glass as he asked him the question.

"I'm not going to tell you about that," Cody answered him while laughing.

Vincenzo chuckled and tell him, "you're keeping your secret now, okay," Vincenzo laughing as he said that.

"I'm not sure?" Cody said while laughing, even a fool can tell that Cody is falling in love with someone now.

He's smiling as he talk about the question that Vincenzo asked, this sight of him, he never show it to anyone before, he never once dated a girl, a few girl from blocks were coming for him, gave him home made cake, chocolate, or anything that trying to get his heart, but all of that went in vain.

He's not ready to date yet, that's what he said, he told Vincenzo that once he settled down on both financially and mentally, he will date a girl soon, and the first one he would introduce her girlfriend to, is Vincenzo.

"then how about you, do you believe in fall in love on the first sight?" Cody asked Vincenzo's question that he asked him earlier.

"of course, I am," Vincenzo answered him and drink his beer after that.

"what if we both fall in love with the same girl?" Vincenzo asked him an unpredictable question once again.

Cody heard that, and that made his face turned from happy to a serious face.

"what will you do then?" Vincenzo provoke him to answer his question again with a tricky one.
Cody stay silent and look at the table Infront of him, he's thinking about what to response to his tricky question.

"I'll let her choose who she wants to be with," Cody look up to him and said that.

"I'll let her choose whether she want to be with me or you," Cody said to him one more time.

Vincenzo nodded him and asked back again, "you're not planning on wanting her obsessively?"

Cody shook his head, and said, "No, I'm not going to do that, I'll let her choose, even if at the end, she's choosing you over me," he looks sad after saying that, "I'm not going to hate you, I'll let her go and be happy with you,"
Vincenzo lifted his right brow after hearing him saying such a wise respond, "are you sure you can wish us to be happy?"

"even though it is hurt for me to say it, but I'll told you to treat her better, don't hurt her, if you hurt her then, I don't think I'm going to forgive you easily," Cody answered him.

"that's very wise answer, I'm proud of you buddy," Vincenzo said as he takes a sip on his beer.

"then how about you? if we fell in love with the same woman?" Cody asked him back the question he asked him earlier.

"I? I will not going to let you have her then, sorry to say that," Vincenzo answered him as he put down his glass.

"I don't think I have that big heart to let go of her to you if she chooses you," Vincenzo answered him again.

Cody look at him and stay silent, he's waiting for him to say anything again.

"Sorry man, but I think I'll pursue my love to her, I'll chase her until she falls in love with me," Vincenzo sighed as he said that.

"it's okay, if that's your perception in love, I'll not judge your decision on that," Cody said to him while grab the beer glass.

"let's cheers on another chapter of your life," Cody said

They drink not too much that night and went back completely still sober to their hotel and rest, without them realizing, they're falling in love with the same woman.