Chapter 10

"you're not hungry?" he asked in a cold tone without looking at me and he's busy on feeding himself.

"it's not like that, I'll eat then," I answered him, afraid that he would be upset if I didn't touch the food that he made.

"then what?" this time he looked at me while asking me a question.

How can I be honest with him, I just have a personality that finds it hard to trust others, out of all that, I have a very wild imagination too, I have a really strange way to thinks that sometimes make people around me really annoyed with me sometimes.

At that moment, when I was about to take a bite, he took a spoonful of my food and chew it in front of me, and then he returned to focus on his plate again.

"eat it, you need nutrition to heal your body, see? I'm perfectly fine," again, he talks to me without looking at me.

"I didn't put poison in there, so eat it will you," he sounds like someone who has mind reading skill.

With hesitation, I eat it while pray to God to bless me and protect me from all the danger that will eat me alive, I have already imagine about how I will have seizures after taking a bite of this food, after that my mind went dark, and I fainted, then my organs will be sold in the black market, until then what if they cut my body into pieces and then they will eat my body after they,

No, enough. Stop it, it's not them that killed you, but your minds will Georgy.

I have swallowed it.

I waited until 4 seconds, and after that,
Nothing happened.

I started to feeling my body, I feel my hair, my neck, my face, my hands, my finger, my legs.
Nothing happened.

I heard Cody's small chuckle, he returned quickly to his serious face after knowing that I was looking at him.

He cleared his throat, "I didn't put anything that would harm you right?"

I nodded slowly, shrouded in a great guilt should I apologize? Should I?

"you don't have to apologize, it's normal for someone to be cautious of new person that you just get to know about," he's still focusing on his plate while talking to me.

Does this person have a reading mind skill, or he's a ghost? Or I am a ghost already, since this world don't feel right to me. I died that time for sure.

"No, I don't," he answered me with his deep voice.

I put down my spoon and started to nag at him, "if you can read my mind please shut your mouth, and it is very rude if you read it and you answer it too," I stand up and went to the room that he had cleaned earlier, but before I twist the door knob, I think again. Did he let me stay in this room tonight? That's what I thought.

"yes, you're staying in there for now on, until you know where your home is," he answered my question again as if he could read my mind.

"I told you don't read my mind," I answered it irritably, and went inside, I don't forget to lock my door for sure.

Without me realizing it, I was still wearing the clothes that I wore from the real world, then I searched through the old dark green wardrobe to see if there's clothes that fit me. It turns out, inside, hung all kinds of girl's clothes, what bothers my mind is, is this the clothes that his late wife used to wear?

So, I went out the room and seeing him cleaning up the table, he felt my presence there and automatically glanced at me.

"what now?" he asked while holding untouched food of mine, well I took a bite of it anyway.

"the clothes," I scratched my head and pointed into the room, "is that okay if I wear that?"

"yeah, you're allowed to wear that, it's my sister's, she left it here a while ago after she got married," I felt relieved to hear that, since I don't bring any clothes to here.

"okay then, good night," I went inside after that and choose the most suitable clothes for sleep and get changed, then turn off the light and went to bed afterwards. Let's hope I will be returned to my home tomorrow, I sincerely hope for that.

I promise I'll fix myself after went back, so please let me return.

I woke up from the sound of sad crying from outside, painful cry that came from a man. The sounds caught my attention so that it made me went to open the bedroom door and peeked through the small gap in the door that I opened.

I saw him moaning in pain and expressing his sadness while holding the photo frame that he hugged in his chest, he would beat himself repeatedly then he would moan in pain afterwards. He put down the photo frame that he was held tightly earlier.

"I'm sorry,"

"I'm sorry."

He constantly apologized, repeatedly.
I take a closer look on that frame, and that made me startled and want to pass out.

Unbelievable.

That picture, there is me in that photo.

He moaned in pain, he will throw anything around him and harm himself until he bleed, he would stand up and mumble over things that I can't hear about, he grip his own hair and shed a heavy tears, if tonight is supposed to rain all night, I think the sky will delay the rain, since someone had been raining in his own place.

He wiped his tears and went from sad to angry, he held back his anger until his face was red, and his veins popped out of his neck, and at that time, I really could die in a sadistic state in his hands. Because his caught me see his vulnerable state, he looked at me and rushed towards here and hold the door that I will be closing it at any moment, however, he got hold on it, and open it by force.

After that, I flinched by his grip on my arms, his grip is too strong, his sharp eyes stared at me, I thought he had killed me already with his eyes.

"how far do you see?" his voice was carrying the anger that would put me in underground soon.