Chapter 33

"open the door" Vincenzo knocked on my door outside a few times.

"what?" I answered while closing the book and hide it under the blanket, and went towards the door to unlock it.

"what are you doing? I have been waiting for you to open the door, are you deaf?" Vincenzo said while entering my room.

"I should be the one who asking you that, what are you doing here?" I asked him back while staring him entering my room easily.

"then where should I sleep then? He doesn't want me to enter his room for sure" Vincenzo sit on the floor near the edge of the drawer and I'm still standing near the door.

"don't close the door then if you're this scaredy cat" Vincenzo shrugged while lifted his right brow to show me that he doesn't feel bad for sleeping in the same room as me.

"do you know it's rude for a man to enter a stranger's room? Especially a girl" I folded my hands while saying that.

"really?" Vincenzo tilted his head to the other side and rubbed his hair after that, "I don't know that rule exist?"

"you're stupid" I stick out my tongue while claimed that he's dumb.

"you do have a death wish, don't you? Do you know what gang did I joined with?" Vincenzo asked with his arrogant expression plus his cocky voice.

"I know" I sighed while saying that, knowing that he's joining them without knowing that they will be turned him into a murderer.
"who?" he's anticipating on me replying a nonsense answer.

"Thompson's family, you're joining them" I answered correctly, and left him dumbfounded.

"how do you know? Even my parents, no even the people here only know that I'm joining a gang but they don't know I'm in Thompson's bond" Vincenzo explained it very well and surprised by how I know what gang he's joining with.

"they gave you a job, a task, a hard one, a real one, its matter of life and death, they want you to fly to New York and finding where's Martha Grace's family are, you're going to kill them, and if their family is in the house with them, their life will ended up in your hands too" I described my thoughts about the job that they want to do. I left him mouth open after hearing my explanation.

"don't do it" I said to him while our eyes met.

"What?" he's asking back.

"I said don't do it, don't listen to them" I answered him with my eyes is battling to hold back my tears.

"why do you care? Who do you think you are?" Vincenzo talk back to me while gritting his teeth.

"they will report you to the police" I said while looking away from his gaze.

"how do you know then? Do you even know how powerful they're?" Vincenzo laughed while saying that and he continued on laughing and said, "how can you be so sure about him where you never met him in person before"

"because he's powerful, then he can put you in jail, they sacrifice you so that they can become richer and having a nice time on joining life, what do you know about him then? I'm sure I know better than you do" I said while walking towards him to get closer to him.

"get out from the gang, stop being a mafia" I bended down on my knees and look at him in his eyes.

"do you know what to lose from me if I stopped being your boss?" Vincenzo's fixing his position by laying down on the floor while asking me to sit down.

"what then? That made you become this scared to get out from there" I asked him half mocking him because of the jokes that I made.

"I had to lose my fingers, my sister's hands, my head, or probably the house that I only got from the money that I saved." Vincenzo said while look down on the floor.

"what's the worst case that you have saw it before? I mean after you joined them?" I asked while sitting on the floor, switching my position from bend my knees to sit down making me almost fall, but Vincenzo hold my body properly.

"be careful, will you? Do you even eat? Why are you so weak?" Vincenzo let go of me harshly and mocking me afterwards.

"does your nails fall out if you say nice words?" I glared at him and sit beside him after that with the doors open.

"no, but I don't like being nice?" Vincenzo shrugged while answering to my question, I glared at him when he answering like that.

"what's the worst case that you ever witnessed from the life of being part of them?" I asked him again.

He's hesitated on giving me an answer but he answered to me, "I saw they cut off people's head just because they don't have money to pay their debt"

I'm shocked by his answer, and left me dumbfounded and become silent.

"why are you giving me that expressions, you're the one who's curious about what's the worst scene that I have ever saw" Vincenzo shook his head slowly while answering that.

"you don't have to tell me then" I'm whining like a teenager after hearing him saying people's head, he's a weirdo, I hope he's lying.
"I'm not lying it is true, they're that brutal." He responded to my thoughts, for a second I thought that he can read my minds.

"just talk about any other topics then, don't talk about that here" I said while getting up and went towards to the bad and sit there.

"who are you?" Vincenzo asked me right after hearing I want to hear another topic.

"I'm Georgina I thought introduce myself to you already" I tilted my head while answering his question.

"I mean who are you, why are you look so much like Martha, and why do you know everything?" Vincenzo insisting on want to know about me.

"you will be surprised if you know it" I'm avoiding his gaze just because how can I explain to him that I'm from future.

"just tell me" Cody showed up in front of the room without us knowing and responded to the comment that making him want to join the two of them on late night talks.