Chapter 12

"enough," Cody stepped out for helping me to escape this awkward situation, and his voice already in a state where someone light a fire and it is burning inside his body.

"why?" Vincenzo asked him with a creepy smile were drawn on her face recently. "I thought you said she's a different person?" he tilted his head to right side.

"Still, its rude to act like that in front of the person you barely know," Cody grab Vincenzo's hands roughly and Cody has been gritting his teeth all the way he talks.

Vincenzo pushed him by force, "who do you think you are? Then how about you? Do you do your best on taking care of Martha? You're practically abandoned her"

"don't talk about Martha here," Cody sighed.
That question made Cody angrier, he's holding back his anger in public, his hands clenched into fists and ready to punch Vincenzo soon. I wonder what he talks about that made him this angry.

Who is Martha?

"Are you Martha?" Vincenzo rudely grabbed my chin and pressed it tightly, it will leave bruises soon.

"Stop it," the moment Cody pushed him away from me, I knew it they would fight until someone called the police and police had to stop them.

And it is true, although the one coming is not police, but they're debt collector, I'm running away with Cody after the debt collectors are here bringing a bunch of people here, he immediately grabbing my hands and we run like there's no tomorrow, and surprisingly Vincenzo were follow us from behind.

"Hey why are we running?" he's asking us in his breathless condition.

"why are you following us then?" Cody replied his question in his breathless condition too, both of them, No, three of us were running out of breath.

We're too busy to answer Vincenzo's question, the three of us hide in fear and vigilance, the surroundings of the village are indeed in chaotic, this time, there were several children got injured, I've never felt this further from myself before, I really hope this is a dream, please wake up soon.

"I thought they don't wander around in Monday?" Cody were asking himself.

"who are you talking about?" he asked Cody while still being cautious about his surroundings, he's checking whether is safe or not.

"the debt collector?" I asked both of them.

"are you in debt?" Vincenzo's narrowing his right brows and asking me a ridiculous question.

"no, I'm not, I don't have money" I shook my head and I freeze on my spot.

"that's made more obvious," he nodded his head slowly, "Unbelievable, people these days," he sighed.

"it's not me," I'm starting to get furious.

"then who?" he asked back and lean his body towards me.

I pushed his body away and answered, "it is not me," I don't even know who I am in this world. Why would I lend some money from a thug?

"hey you guys stop it, they will find us," annoyedly he whispered to us, to ask us to stay quiet.

"stop pretending, you are the one who dragged Cody into your matter right?" he started it again.

"hey, hello, do you even know me?" the fire in my voice is going to screaming soon.

"hey lower your voice both of you," Cody were still trying to calm us down by half whispering.

"look, I may hate him, but he's still my former best buddy, I know how weak hearted he is, so what kind of motive that you are planning on, forget it, you can't use him as your money machine, he's barely had enough money to paid for his food," his words stabbed my heart and left a deep wound.

"watch your words," I said it firmly.

"why should I? it's true right?" he provoked me once again.

"YOU ARE REALLY SOMETHING, I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU ALREADY!" I screamed without realizing that we're hiding from bad people.

At that time, everything went quietly, peacefully, and I can sense the smell of hell in my nose already, thanks to me, the thugs stopped killing and beating the innocent victim.

"THERE HE IS, GO AND CATCH HIM ALIVE," one of them screamed and rushing towards us.

"what are you guys doing now? Let's run," Cody immediately taking both of our hands and run as fast as we can.

We keep running and running, Vincenzo will purposely be dropping logs or things that in front of his sight, so it will get in the way the thugs to us.

I tripped and fell down, I can't get up, it's wounded my legs too deep, Vincenzo lifted me up and put me over his shoulder and continued our journey on avoid thugs, his stamina is unbelievable, Cody too.

We found a perfect place to hide, we stay silent and didn't dare to move an inch until the thugs running straight, after a while, Vincenzo gently put me down and left me breathless sitting there, while both of them figure how to get back without getting caught.

"we run like a crazy dog, this is all your fault, if you're not screaming then, we will be fine," Vincenzo is words cut like a knife one more time.

I tried to call them, and reach them, but I couldn't say a word, my body feels so much pain, I'll pass out in a moment soon.

The moment when Cody turned his body and saw a pale looking figure sitting there lifelessly, he just hit Vincenzo's shoulders a few times until he responded and he hurried rushed towards me, he shook my body a few times but I just responded him with my eyes blinked a few times.

Cold sweat dripping down from my head. I saw Cody still standing there not moving or saying anything.

On his face, clearly written that he's scared, what is he afraid of? is he afraid of blood? but I didn't feel that I'm bleeding much, and I don't think that I'm really injured too.

"what are you doing there?" help me carry her here," that's the last words I can hear from Vincenzo before I closed my eyes.