Chapter 37

I posed without moving for 5 hours and it made my body sore, Vincenzo is feeling good while laying down on the sofa with the books on his hands, and said that glad he didn't join me on posing for Cody's works.

I wear Martha's old white dress with sunflower pattern, with my hair down siting on a chair facing the window, Cody is serious all along, mixing color on his brown wooden palette, holding the brush with a confidence hands, he brushes on the canvas nicely. No wonder they called him a famous painter, and makes a lot of bucks with it.

"I'm done" Cody exclaimed and it's been a while since I saw his face smiling with relieved eyes.

"you're feeling happy aren't you, but she's feeling sore, bring her something sweet then" Vincenzo said with his eyes still focusing on the books.

"you go then" Cody shrugged, "I'm still trying to add some color to the back ground"

"you're lying, that's totally finished" Vincenzo said while sitting up to take a peek on his drawing.

"don't look at it" Cody warned him, "I will let you two see after I feel it deserved to see"

"why? you're being weird and freak here" Vincenzo asked him while close the book that he read earlier.

"and you're not going to let me take a look on it? Are you sure about that?" I said while rubbing my neck which was sore from not moving at all even for an inch for literally 5 hours.

Cody shook his head, "I will let you see after the right time"

"what is right time? Just let us see" I get up from the chair and went to see the paint, but Cody grabbed it and run away with it, he's being chased by me and Vincenzo.

We did spend time on having fun in Cody's house, his house is big, bigger than my house. There's still a lot of space that I never explored before. It turns out his basement is a wide empty space, so I helped him on moving his paint to downstairs to tidy up his works, so his room is not so packed up.

Me and Vincenzo helped him on cleaning his backyard. His front garden too, I heard Vincenzo said that he builded this house after he's famous, because he dreams on having a family and two children, the two of them will go to the most prestigious school and get a good grade. What a wise dream of him.

It took us a long hour on cleaning his house, it is too dirty for someone to live, I understand that he lost his love of life, but 5 years on living in this situation is too unbelievable for me, I even stripped on the first day of being deported here.

The after results on cleaning his house is giving a very satisfying results, his house indeed is a nice and splendid house that being covered with a bunch of fragile stems and fallen leaves, added to the grass and moss that began to live on the surface of the walls.

"he's sure rich, doesn't he?" Vincenzo said while wiping the sweat that rolling down on his forehead, "I will live in this house permanently" he said.

"Cody I will live with you from now on" Vincenzo run towards him who's painting the old chair that no one sit with before.

"why should I live with you? Go find a place for yourself" Cody jerked him away from his seat, because he's sitting too close with him.

"that's what I get from protecting my friends since we're young? Great" Vincenzo sounds cranky now.

But Cody just giving him a laugh, Cody said that he will never let him stay on his house, but he will let him live in his house for sure, until he really settled down on his life, becoming a decent person and living a normal life, Cody knows that's all impossible and unreachable dreams of his.

But he still wants to believe it, he believes on Vincenzo after all. He knows that he will get back to medical school and become a doctor just like how he promised him.

I'm joining them on chatting and having fun with them, eating a lunch from kitchen and dinner made by Cody. That's the first time and the last time we ever have a peaceful time to eat and relaxing. Vincenzo had been cranked up the mood by making jokes that's not funny at all, but both Cody and me laughing at his jokes because it's not funny and interesting at all.

Vincenzo sleep on upstairs after the room cleaned, and Cody sleep on his own room, and me sleep on my usual room, but I haven't close the door yet because I'm not sleeping that soon, I still want to find more if Martha really leave a things for me to see, if she left traces behind, I still want to find more about how can I go back to my family too.

But someone's on the door, and I can sense that the person is watching me.

"why are you doing now?" Cody's voice is near the door.

I turn my gaze towards him and put the book that I picked it up and showed it to him, "I read before I sleep"

"read?" Cody walked inside and approached the bed to sit on it, and he patted the empty seat on the bed beside him to tell me to sit beside him.

I went there and sit. But Cody looks frustrated than ever, he wants to say something, but he didn't get the courage to say it, so I asked him.

"do you have anything to tell me?" I look at his eyes that avoiding me as always.

"yes" he nodded without looking at me.

"what is that?" I asked again,

"I want to ask for your help" Cody said while still looking down to the floor.

"what's that?" I asked him, but he didn't give me any reply.

"if you want to ask for a help or anything like that, you have to look at the person's eyes and said it, it's rude for you to avoid looking at people's eyes while asking for help" I suddenly teaching him a lesson.

He did just like what I told him, his red eyes stare at me directly, he reached out a letter from his pocket and handed to me.

"this is the letter Martha leave on her luggage, I can't read it and I don't think I can read it I need your help to read it and tell me what's inside, can you do that?" he asked for me.

I nodded and smiled, "that's just a simple request, you can just tell me, I can do that for you"

I take the letter from his hands and he still sitting there, so I asked him, "is there anything else?"

"can I touch your hair?" he asked suddenly feeling embarrassed, "no, it's fine I take back what I said" he gets up from his seat.

"you can" I said, and I can sense he's staring at me now, so I lifted up my head to see his eyes met mine, I smiled, "you can"

He nodded and sit down one more time, we're facing each other now this time, and his hands reached out to my head and caressed it a few times, while his right hand on my hair, his left hand start to reach out to my right cheek, he hold it gently, of course that made me startled at his sudden behavior, as I look at his eyes, he's crying.

And suddenly his face gets closer to mine, what's gotten into his mind, he's not drunk from what I remember. As he gets closer to my face, he placed his lips on mine, just a little peck, but enough to sober him up.

"I'm sorry" he looks anywhere after knowing that he's doing ridiculous things.

"you're not Martha, and I saved you that day because inside my heart I'm still hoping that you're Martha, but turns out you're not, and just like now, I'm still hoping you're Martha, but you're not. I don't know where are you from and I don't want to know about that, but after things are going well, please go back to your place" after saying that he gets up and went out from my room to go back to his room.

His words did hurt me a little, but who am I anyway, I don't have the right to say that I'm upset by what he said.

I sighed as I ripped out the letter, and read what's inside.

I thought the diary had already giving me a surprise and mind blowing fact, but the letter is more vicious for both Vincenzo and Cody to find out.