Chapter 30

Not only the Brian Thompson and Martha Thompson are fake love story become a topic on every media, but both Cody and Vincenzo's famous after the police telling the media that only two people is coming out alive.

They become a hot news to the world, Vincenzo and Cody is labeled as the survivor of the burned down hotel that owned by a debt collector plus mafia, both of them went back to Texas with so many security guards protecting them.

People were praised both of them for surviving in the hands of Brian that known for a cruel killer, but the world envious of the sight of Martha hugging Brian, they made up a story saying that Martha couldn't longer hold on Brian's behavior anymore so to prevent more people died by her husband's hands, so she decided to sacrifices her husband and kill commit a suicide after that, and Martha's the one burn the building and she hugged Brian on her last breath as she felt sorry towards him and they died in each other's embrace.

But that's not the truth, the truth hurts and nobody likes to cry, nobody likes to struggle to get back alive, people will know them by the nonsense romantic story that written by Thompson's family to cover up for another shame that Brian left for them.

How funny that powerful people will just survive within a few hours since they make a mistake, and left the victim cry in sorrow for lost their family.

Both Vincenzo and Cody stayed inside their house for a long period time, witnessing someone you love killed herself and dying in front of you, it's a traumatic experience for someone who just fall in love, both of them received a lot of money for the compensation after Brian hurt them, they suddenly become more richer than before.

But the money that they own now, were given because Martha killed the man who could have finished Cody's life in one blink, and the man who could have turned Vincenzo into another Brian or another criminal, so that money makes them more hopeless and dirty, it's something that you shouldn't take it.

After the incident, Vincenzo took a break from his studies and being humiliated by his own family member for being friends with Cody that bring her into this dark world. Enough with this shame that his family threw on him, he joined the gang member, offered by Brian's family, because they saw how Vincenzo could make a bunch of strongest guards fainted without himself hurting.

He became more heartless and wouldn't hesitate on hurting people, he broke his dad's finger because his dad keep nagging him, he turned into another person after come back from Rome, even if he saw a stray cats wandering around him, the cat's blood will stained obviously on his shirt.

As for Cody, he just stops painting and went becoming like an unemployed person in his life, he lost motivation in keep going, and everything reminds him with Martha. He lost motivation on doing the things that he enjoyed to do before.

He keeps all his stuff that related to art in a box and he hide it well in the drawer, he will weep in sadness on late night before he went to bed, and went insane, plus Cody's having a mental break down after heard that his dad died due because a pill of debt is chasing after him, his dad drowned himself in his house's bathtub, and left his dad on Cody.

It's not that Cody can't afford to pay it all, but Cody just want to become someone else, he keeps saying that he's not Cody, he wants to change his identity, so he rather a bunch of debt collector is chasing him than living a peaceful life.

The name of Cody, by just hearing his own name, make him more vulnerable on keep going strong, he tried to cut his hand with knife or hurt himself with scissors, but all of that ended up leaving him too scared to cut his skin on his own.

Until one day Vincenzo show up in front of his house after had too much trouble in his head, he banging on the door hardly, and gazed above the sky. With his emotion overflowing that night, he kicked the door as he heard no one is opening the door for him.

"YOU COME OUT," Vincenzo screamed while keep punching and kicking on the big wooden door.

"What's wrong with you," Cody opened it and annoyedly asking him as he's disturbing him.

"It's all your fault," Vincenzo said while his voice's shaking mixed with his unstable emotion.

"What do you mean?" Cody asked him while sighed.

Hearing Cody saying that, Vincenzo went to punch him on the face, and said, "Don't pretend that you don't know anything, don't play dumb,"

"What do you mean?" Cody asking him again while wipe the blood that came out from his nose.

Vincenzo scoffed and kicking him on the stomach, "I made up my mind today,"

Cody tried to get up but being stepped with Vincenzo's strong feet, and making his leg hurt more.

"I've always thought that if we didn't escape to Rome then, the three of us will be fine, at least if she's here, we can protect her from danger, but no, I was wrong," Vincenzo said while shook his head with unbelievable look.

He continued after gasping for an air to breathe, "but I was so wrong," he kneel down in front of Cody's face and grabbed Cody's hair, then he continued, "If I'm the one she love, if she choose me rather than you," he slapped Cody's right cheek.

"she would still alive today, she would be fine," he let go of Cody's hair and making Cody cough a few times.

"why don't you just tell me she need money to pay his dad's debt?" He gets up after hitting Cody. "Why don't you do that?" he continued.

"who told you that?" Cody asked him while trying to get up from the floor.

"the people there, they're talking about that, and you're hiding it from me," he answered him while calming his mind after letting it out on Cody.

"You should have just told me," Vincenzo is sighed heavily while his hands were hitting his own chest.

"do you think I have a gut on asking you for money?" Cody said while his head gazed down on the floor, "how could I asked you for help while I'm the one want to be with her, I can't"

"THEN YOU SHOULDN'T LEFT HER ALONE THEN, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THERE IS A WAY OUT." Vincenzo screamed his lungs out, and he keep continuing being angry, "you should find a way out for her so that she's not becoming a Thompson,"

"Why are you telling me this then, there's nothing I can change now," Cody sighed and gazed to the floor., he continued while look at Vincenzo's face, "there's nothing I can do back then, you don't know only how much I own in my wallet"

"Do you even know how they treated her in the house?, they locked her in the basement like a dungeon and and WATCH HER HUSBAND TORTURE ANOTHER PERSON TO DEATH, and yet, you're letting her go, without finding out a solution so that her parents didn't sold her off," Vincenzo screamed while Cody's tearing up for hearing that.

"They don't even feed her, and her family's enjoying their best life by making their daughter a sacrifice for their wealth," Vincenzo continued on shooting a bullet through Cody's heart.

"Yeah, why I still bother to came all the way from my house to here?, this is the last time you will see me as a friend," Vincenzo said while take a look on Cody for the last time, and he turned his body and walked away.

Before he walked more further away, he stopped without looking back and said, "I hope I didn't see you anymore," and he left for not going back to his old self again.
That's how they ended up their friendships.