Chapter 21

The day Martha receiver from Cody, she feels so happy, and so happy that she is also very passionate about her study and she practice hard on her piano and cello, her parents were also surprised because she became a very kind and diligent kid at once.

Dear Cody,
I'm glad that I don't make you feel uncomfortable, you may not believe me, but the words you engraved it in the paper are like a pump of energy, happy pills, which make me more enthusiastic in learning, both in school and in my home.

My music teacher is not mean to me anymore, because I listen to every single step that she told me to, I become a quick leaner after I received your letter, so you have to write for me so that I don't feel lazy, I'm joking on that, don't take me seriously.

The flowers are so pretty, wish I can see it with my own eyes, the flowers outside my house is not blooming yet, I think it's because my mom didn't take care of it properly, do you grow the flower by yourself?, you must be really good at taking care of it.

I feel sick yesterday, which is stressed me out because I can't move an inch without feeling dizzy, but today I feel better already, I have taking a rest and here I'm sitting on my desk to write these, I was also forced by the doctor to take the bitter medicine that I hated so much, but I feel better now.

How about you?, are you doing fine these days?, I'm not a poetic person, so my don't get bored of what I write for you, simply just wanting to know how you doing by asking through my pen, how I wish you were living near to me, so we can talk more, and I can't use the home telephone too, because there's a chance my mom and my father will pick it without me knowing, and my father is a real dangerous person here, I apologize for saying my dad is a dangerous but he is. Once he finds out I'm not studying properly, he will become violent and rent a lot of books and told all the teachers he knows to teach me.

I'm sending this letter secretly, so don't let other finds out okay, and how is your friend there? His name is Vincenzo, did he go to school? I think he will follow his father's footsteps to becoming a doctor or work in the medical field, hope to see you both real soon.

Your friends,

Martha Grace.

The letter arrived safely without damage to Cody, this is the second time the letter they replied to each other's letter. As the same as the first, Cody felt happier after she wrote back. Cody immediately went to his room and grabbed the pen again after smelling the rose scent on Martha's letter. He sings in melodies that he doesn't know, he never heard about, he's already happy on humming an unknown melody.

Somehow his pen is his way on finding strength on portraying something inside his head, he's way too much in love with the incident when he forced Vincenzo to take Martha and her friends to the hospital, or else they won't be this close.

Dear Martha,
Glad to hear that you're feeling well now, don't push yourself too much, are you still feel sick? Write to me after you received my letter to you okay?, about the medicine, even you hate it you still need it, so take it, you will be fine, about the telephone, I own none, but if you want to use that, I can buy it, or I can queue at the payphone and you will wait for my call each day.

It's okay, just by your letter I can feel happy and your words were just perfectly fine, I love it, if you don't mind, the next letter, can I write more in a poetic way? How is your life there anyway? How is your friends too? I really hope you don't get sick, take care of yourself fully, if you're still sick, you can reply this later, I can wait.

About Vincenzo, he's in a medical school now, yes, you're right he's focusing on working hard to become a doctor, hopefully he's not going to charge us in the future. He had been studying all day all night, he's serious about his path now.

Just want to let you know, Another flower is blooming again near my house, you should take a rest first and went to my house to see how beautiful the flower here, maybe you can take a trip to Texas, then me and Vincenzo will be your tour guide. Hope to heard from you soon.
Your Friend

Cody Dustin

Cody put another drawing of the envelope and he plucked out the fresh flower and put them inside too because she wishes to see it but she couldn't be here yet. That little paper with a nice flower fly across their city and brought them to be closer each day, including they start to send a few papers at once. That time, cell phone doesn't exist yet, and they don't want to use telephone. Martha's parents don't know that she's contacting a friend that they don't know about.

They start to grow feeling together, they start to having butterflies feeling when reading the paper, for the first time ever for Cody to write these romantic poetically for the girl he like.

"The thorns and stems that held the crown of the rose are beautiful, as beautiful as your smile that hide the beauty of your heart. My eyes are missing the sight of your face now, good night and sleep tight my rose,"

At first only one sheet in one envelope but as time passed by, one sheet turns into two and keep getting more until five at once, the five perfumed paper always safely arrived in their hand, even the post man knows their name and becoming friend with them already. since seeing them so many times wait on outside their house door.

Until one day, Vincenzo received the letter because the post man leaves it to him, Cody was late a minute to wait at outside, it turns out Vincenzo found out they had been contacting each other this whole time.

"what are those?" Vincenzo left Cody with no choice but had to tell him what is he been up to for the past days.

"I'm in touch with one girl that I know," Cody answered him, somehow Vincenzo is burning inside.

"who is that?" Vincenzo can't help but to make sure that they're not liking one girl at the same time.

"Martha," Cody answered him clearly. Obviously, Cody's answer delivering Vincenzo to hardly pronounce a single word.

Cody cleared his throat and pull out the letter from Vincenzo's grip, Vincenzo never expected this to happen before.

"since when?" Vincenzo looks hesitated on asking that.

"last few months," Cody answered him without thinking twice.

"do you like her?" Vincenzo asked him with his strong stare, those eyes showing a serious gaze that Vincenzo never show it to anyone else before.

"yes, I'm starting to like her now, I'm falling for her charm," that's the moment when Cody found out that's something going on with Vincenzo, Cody's not that low witted.

With his little courage, Cody asked him back, "Are you? Too?" Cody don't need to add those words in asking Vincenzo. Vincenzo know what's on his friend's mind.

"I do," Vincenzo answered him without hesitation.