Chapter 14

I couldn't see Cody after their fight, more precisely, I can't look at him. After Vincenzo left, he sit outside my room for a while, and get up without muttering any words. What should I do? I have been staying in here for a while, I should get out from my room.

I wonder if my parents were looking for me or not, are they worrying me now? or the teachers, my classmates, my friends, are they missing me?

Probably not, I'm only missing for a few days. They won't notice that too soon.

Did they realize that I commit a suicide, and disappeared from the world that I have been living for years?

I don't belong to here, please take me back soon.

Ever since Vincenzo read the book, there is one thing that has caught my attention until now. The bookshelves, neatly arranged, but the bookshelves were covered in dust, as if they haven't been cleaned for a long time, I walk in front of the bookshelves while looking at what books are arranged here, I will stop at one side and pick one of the books randomly to read.

I stopped at one side, and took one of the books out, the color of the cover is very attractive which is dark purple, I flipped it from the first page, and read it to kill my time, since I don't bring my smartphone with me.
I read a few chapter and sure so far still so good, until I flip it to the next page, a picture tucked into the book, perfectly taken on the studio, on the left side standing Vincenzo, on the right side there is Cody sitting on an old wooden table, and in the middle, which is not surprised me anymore is a girl sitting on a chair, the girl looked like me.

I flipped the picture to the other side.

For the first time ever I felt this happy, let's go to a trip someday, three of us – Martha

It is written there in a beautiful handwriting in thick black faded ink. I can conclude that the three of them are very close, maybe they both liked Martha, and Martha choose to be with Cody.

But, what happened, so that Cody and Vincenzo were not in a good term, judging by how Vincenzo worried about Cody earlier, I can sense that they still want to be friends.

"what are you doing here," I have been busy thinking about that and didn't realize Cody is here.

I startled and answered, "Oh, no, I'm bored, so I picked random book from there," I pointed in front of me, "and found this here," I showed him the pictures of them together.

His lips curved into a little smile, he walks forward and picked it up, he smiled, and sighed.

He gave it back to me and said, "let's go outside, the dinner is ready,"

I followed him went to outside and closed the door. I thought he will be mad to me for touching his stuff without asking his permission, but he's emotionless after seeing me.

He's not okay today, I think.

After walking a few steps from the room, both of us sit down on chair and facing each other, we both eat in silent, I didn't suspect him today, he couldn't possibly poison me.

"I haven't had a chance on asking you this actually," he put down the spoon and look up to me.

"what's that you want to ask me?" I'm terrified if anybody said that.

"what's your motive on staying here?" he asked me, I continue to chew on my food.

"answer me while I'm asking you nicely," his tone of voice changed. How am I supposed to say to him that I'm from future?

I stopped eating and look up to him, as he does the same, "you may not believe me if I said this, but what I said is true one hundred percent," I gulped down as I'm saying that.

"what?" he responded me, and before I can tell myself were from 2015, someone knock on the door loudly.

"who's that?" I asked as Cody get up and went to the door, to see who is outside.

I look at Cody when he peeked through the window to see who's knocking outside, after knowing who is that, he showed his worried face and immediately opened the door, turns out that person is Vincenzo, he got beaten up really bad. He collapsed on the floor after Cody opened the door for him.

I walked towards them and standing eight feet apart from them, seeing how Cody is frustrated as he put his hands on his waist, and sighed a few times.

"I guess you're not different from me after all," Cody said still in the same position.

"don't equalize me with you, we're different,"
Vincenzo answered while himself running out of breath.

"so? you're going to blame me on your life now?" Cody asked him again,

"yes, because of you, I have been living in hell," Vincenzo answered as he tried to sit back against the wall.

"just until when you will keep blaming me for everything that has been going on in your life?" Cody sounds mad serious now.

Vincenzo responded him by laughing, and continued, "until when? You're asking me until when?" he's laughing again.

"hey you," Vincenzo called for me, "do you remember how I almost kill you that day?" he asked me, and I wonder what is going through his mind that he wants to bring up that day so bad.

"you know what? it is all this man is fault, everything that is going on were all your fault, just like now, I've been chased by the thugs, we're both in the dead end now Cody, and it is all your fault." Vincenzo said while smirking.

"you're asking me until when? How dare you, you surely got some gut in your self don't you?" his answer can't keep Cody staying back no more, Cody's hardly on holding back his anger, but Vincenzo keep provoking him, so Cody went straight and punch him on his face.

But he stopped after Vincenzo smiled in his jerk way, and said, "for the rest of your life,"
That made Cody angrier and punched him more, Vincenzo's stamina is unbelievable strong judging from him get up and bring Cody down just with one hand, they're having a fist fight after arguing on something that I didn't know about.

Cody will dead in anytime soon if he didn't fight back, so I went to them and holding Vincenzo's hand, as I tried to stop him for punching him more.

"stop it, we can talk," but before I finished my sentenced, he pulled his arm out by pushing me to side and made me nudge on the side table and dropped the antique glass.

And it's stabbed inside my right hand, as long as they're stopping on having a fist fight by hearing this loud noise, I'm okay if I'm hurt.

I pulled out the glass flakes that is broken from my hand, and the blood poured out from my hand, I'm on the process on healing, but I keep getting hurt. Vincenzo then quickly ran to me and closed my wound with his hand.

"I'm sorry," he said, with his face faced down.