Chapter 6

We keep going until I saw a small house in the middle of wilted trees, the house's surrounding area was full of dirt, rubbish, clearly the house was not taken care of.

"this is my house," he showed his house and his shoulder exclaimed, "this is not much, but look at my place, I build it with my own money"

I was confused for a while, confused for a moment, but immediately woke up from the automatic reaction of my body hitting a mosquito that had landed perfectly on my skin.

Before I can proceed what is going on, my mind was already full of thoughts like, how to live in a place like this, I grew up in a not so rich family, however we're not this bad.

"why? Do you want to change your mind? just go home quick," he's gesturing me to get off from his sight.

"perhaps, you're planning on killing me?" out of sudden, I feel an unpleasant air here, while looking around I take a few steps back.

He laughed a little still remain his cold expression since earlier, and said, "is there any advantage or benefit for me to have after killing you?"

Then he walks slowly with his hands on his waist, and stopped while looking away from me, he said, "wait, why would I offer you to come to my house? I barely know you anyway,"

He shook his head and said, "hey, I don't know what is getting into me earlier but I think you need to walk away from here," with then he turned his body and run to the door, quickly open it and closed it,"

Just say that I'm just stupid, and stupid, I don't know what to say, I saw the lights on his house were on, and I just understood the meaning of his words earlier, after a few minutes of slow processing.

"HEY, I REALLY DON'T HAVE A PLACE TO STAY TONIGHT, geez, WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO YOU ANYWAY," I tried to take step forward, but the results is my feet got stuck with the neglected grass on the ground, and that made me fall down and it is bleed both of my knees.

"how do I supposed to get out from this hills anyway," In despair, I pulled out my feet out from the grass, and said, "geez, what crime exactly did I done in the past, that made me had to travel back to here," I took a deep breath and walk away from the house.

As I walking down, this place is not as bad as earlier, right now is around evening and people start to selling food outside, there's kids running around too, I keep walking aimlessly, and observing surroundings. I keep walking until I feel really tired and had no energy left on my both legs, so I decided to sit down on the nearest bench, thinking what am I supposed to do, so I can travel back again to present.

But the choice of resting on this not so pretty bench was a bad choice after all, a bad option indeed, I'm being greeted with an anger expression showed by a bunch of man, boys, they're gang leaders, I think.

No, they're a bunch of thugs, gang of thugs.
"hey I never saw you before, where are you from?" one of them asked me.

I remain silent and playing with my finger only, so they took a one step forwards.

"hey, our leaders were asking you a question, don't be rude and answer him," one of them who was standing behind before comes forward while carrying a baseball bat in his hand.

Stupid me, stupid me, I'm shaking already by just hearing their orders, I tried to look away from them but the man who carrying baseball bat was holding my chin tightly and it is hurt, so I yanked away automatically.

I took a few steps back and they're not moving, so I turn around and run, run as fast as I can, I'm in a very difficult situation, where I'm in a foreign country now, and the foreign country is the place I grow out with, but I'm lost in my own country, and I don't know why.

I'm running out of breath now, but before I could stop, they're standing in front of me, like how they do that?, I'm sure I'm running away from them faster than I thought, and now without thinking, I turned around and intend to run again, but behind me, my left and right side, there they are standing there, I'm just stuck in the middle of them.

"what are you guys doing? Go kill her today if all of you able to to that," the leader make a statement and went to sitting on the ground, he continued, "right now, START," and they all were hitting me, kicking me, punching me, with their strength, they made me fall down and I saw the look on their leader's face.

He's smirking, he smirked proudly, while looking at the sight of me being abused by his crew, he took out a cigarettes and light it on, people were passing by but none of them were kind enough to stop them for killing me.

The beating, punching sessions keep continued until I feel that my ribs were broken, my nose is bleeding, and I'm sure they won't stop until their boss told them to, so they keep doing that.
"okay stop," I heard the command from their boss as he walk come near to me.

He bend down to the level where I'm lying on the ground, his gaze turned to my wrist and saw that there is a gold silver bracelet, in my wrist, he laughed cynically, sarcastically expressing wickedness, then I feel his hand's holding on my chin and his hand easily broke the chain of the bracelet that I was wearing, easily.

"GIVE THAT BACK TO ME," I tried to get out from his grip, but still failed after trying many times, all I got is a sneaky laugh from that bad guy.

"then you shouldn't be wandering around if you're not planning on being robbed young kid," he said so and release my chin with force, he stands up after that, and followed by his men who also kicked me before passing me.

I crawled slowly to the edge so as not to disturb the night events of local people, as I sit down and look around, hearing the sound of fireworks, the sound of people laughing and their screams, made my illness begin to recur again.

I've been taking medication lately until I feel I don't need to, but today my head hurts a lot and I'm out of breath suddenly, my ears suddenly can hear the whispers of people who are standing 10 meters away from my position.

I can feel my skin was being pierced by a glass and needle that had just been opened from a store.

"breathe, breathe, it's okay," I'm comforting myself, but it was not enough to handle the pain that was given by the thugs earlier.

There's no way that I keep staying on this cold floor, so I gathered a lot of energy to help me get up from the floor, hopefully I can go back after I went to find a way.

So here I go, I walk aimlessly to nowhere.
Planning on road to anywhere, but where would I go?

And what kind of bad events that I have to experience later?

I wouldn't mind to become the topic of conversation for everyone who hears my breathe.

I just wish to be back to my own room.

Can the star help me tonight?

I looked up, and saw the sky laughed at me.

Being pathetic.