- 16 -

At Storybrooke, David was looking at Snow who was sleeping, "I'm sorry, I can't wake you. Not yet. Not until I find the person who wants to hard our daughters and Snow, I promise you, I will find him and I will stop him and bring the girls home where they belong and we can fix all of this," David said and kissed her on her forehead and goes out into the living room where Killian and August were.

"Alright then, thanks, mate," Killian hung up, "The dwarfs have searched the entire northern woods. There's no sign of our guy or anyone else, for that matter," Killian said.

"Well, he couldn't have just vanished. We must have missed something," David said.

"This would be so much easier if we knew who we were looking for," August said.

The door opened and Belle walked in, "His name's Gideon," Belle said.

"Belle," David said.

Belle shut the door, "He's my son," Belle told them.

"Your son is an infant," Killian said.

"He was," Belle said, "Then he grew up in another realm, without his parents, and that experience affected him," Belle said.

"Affected him? He's trying to kill Emma and Brooke," David said.

"I...I know, look, it's not his fault, okay? He's confused and Rumpel's out there looking for him right now," Belle said.

"To stop I'm or help him?" August asked.

"I know that I can stop him, if I can talk to him, reason with him, as his mother," Belle sighed, "Will you help me?" Belle asked them.

"I don't know, Belle. If he's really planning to kill the twins," David said.

"We're gonna have to stop him," Killian said.

"But that doesn't mean he has to be hurt and neither one of our children need to be harmed. Look, I came to you for help because I trust you. Can you trust me?" Belle asked, "Please, who know what my son is doing right now."

"Yeah... The sooner we do this, this better," David turned to Belle, "Then take your shot, but if it doesn't work," David said.

"Thank you," Belle said and the four of them go over to the kitchen counter to go over the maps.

Meanwhile, in the alternate world, Emma and Brooke tried to carve some wood out of the tree without any success.

Amongst Pinocchio's supplies then Emma found a box with their names on it. Emma opened it and saw two wooden swans. Brooke looked over, "What the..."

The twins went back to Pinocchio's cottage, "What's this? It had our name on it," Emma said.

"For the princesses who have everything, happy birthday," Pinocchio said.

"Seriously, why this?" Brooke asked.

"I don't know, I guess I've always liked swans. Reminds me of a story my father used to tell me when I was dreaming of becoming real," Pinocchio said.

"Let me guess 'The Ugly Duckling'?" Emma asked and Brooke looked shocked.

"Huh, you know it," Pinocchio said.

"Yeah, you could say that," Emma said.

"The duck who believed so deeply he could become a swan, he actually became one. My father always said 'Believe hard enough in something and you can change your fate'," Pinocchio said.

"What did you say?" The twins said.

"You can change your fate," Pinocchio said.

The twins remember a boy telling them the same thing, separately, when they were children and both realised that the boy was Pinocchio.