- 28 -

Brooke agreed to leave with Emma, they were both preparing Emma's car. Fiona was happy for the twins to go, Brooke shut the boot.

"So, it's true... You're both really leaving Storybrooke?" Henry said.

"It's for the best for the three of us... Brooke needs to get away before she breaks," Emma said as Brooke looked at Henry, the look in her eyes showed nothing but emptiness.

"Don't you get it? This is what she wants. The Black Fairy cast the curse so all this would get you both to leave. Look at Auntie B, if it wasn't real would she look like that?" Henry asked.

"This is why we have to go, because you two still believe that this nonsense is true," Emma said.

"It is!" Henry said.

"Henry, stop. Don't get me wrong. I'm so happy you found me and I'm so happy I got to know my son but it's so clear now. Coming to Storybrooke wasn't good for us," Emma said and looked at Brooke, "Get into the car," She said and Brooke got into the passenger side.

Emma said her goodbyes to Henry and drove her and her sister back to her apartment in Boston. Emma tried to make conversation with Brooke, but she still wasn't talking.

----x----

Emma opened her apartment door and walked inside, Brooke followed after her, "It's not much, but it's... Our home," Emma said and put their bags in the kitchen, "Cocoa?"

Brooke still didn't speak, her whole world was gone. She felt nothing. No love. No happiness. Nothing. She didn't even see Merlin anymore. She lost.

Emma sighed and rubbed her sisters back, "It had to be done," Emma said and saw her birthday candle from their 28th birthday then found a not from Henry on a new sketchbook.

Emma held it up, "Did you know about this?" Emma asked Brooke who walked over and shook her head, "First stop of communication, getting somewhere," She said and looked at note, "You might not think this story's true, but I know that it is as does Auntie B and it can still have a happy ending," Emma said then her phone rang for a job and Emma accepted.

Emma hung up and saw Brooke holding the book out to her. She sighed and took it, "Okay," Emma said and opened it, they looked at the stories that Henry has drawn.

----x----

Hours later, Henry went to confront the Black Fairy but Emma and Brooke arrived back in town and stopped him, "Not so fast," Emma said.

"You came back," Henry saw them.

"Yeah, we did, kid," Emma said as Brooke walked to them, life in her eyes showed again.

"Does that mean you remember?" Henry asked.

Emma told him that they found the book he left and that she wanted her and Brooke to be like the people in the book. She doesn't believe the crazy stuff but she believes it.

Emma took the sword and Brooke took the bow and arrows, "Better..." Brooke said in a raspy voice and walked to the building with Emma behind her.

The twins walked into the mayor's office, more like Brooke kicking the door open but they found no sign of Fiona inside.

Brooke looked around and glared before turning to Emma, "Trust me?" She asked.