- 27 -

When they were all engulfed by the Black Fairy's curse, Brooke woke up in a white room and stretched, there was no wedding band or engagement ring on her finger.

Brooke got dressed and ready for the day, she wore a patient uniform for a mental hospital and she walked out of her room.

After breakfast, Brooke walked into one of the rooms and saw her sister also dressed the same way. They sat beside each other and both began painting, Emma was painting a swan, as Brooke was painting a pirate ship.

Nurse Ratched walked up to the twins, "Emma, Brooklyn, you two have a visitor, Henry," She said.

"Mom, Auntie B," Henry said.

"Henry," The twins said and they walked to him, giving him a quick hug.

"Thank god, you remember me," Henry said.

"Of course, we remember you," Brooke said.

"Good, because I just looked all over town and I couldn't find the rest of our family... Snow, David, Hook, August," Henry said, "Everyone's back to their cursed selves."

"No, no, stop," Emma said.

"What?" Henry asked.

"We're not going down that road again," Brooke said.

"We've worked way too hard for you to undo our progress," Emma said.

"Progress?" Henry questioned.

"You know what I mean," Emma said and the three went and sat at a table.

"Those people Snow White, Prince Charming, Pinocchio and Captain Hook, none of them are real. Our parent's aren't fairy-tale characters. No one in Stroybrooke is, there's no curse. This is just a regular town," Brooke said.

"What happened to you two?" Henry asked them.

"What happened to us is... We're getting better. We ended up in this nuthouse because we believed you back then, bought into all of it," Emma said.

"No, this is the Black Fairy. She said she would take away your family and this is how. She cursed you two," Henry said.

"No! No more curses," Brooke said and ran out of the room.

"We... We just want to get well so that maybe... Maybe I can be your mother, and Brooke can be your aunt," Emma said.

Brooke sat in the hallway, breathing heavily and holding her hair, "Brooklyn, sweetheart," Brooke looked up to see Fiona, "Are you okay?"

"I...I..." Brooke said and shook her head, "I... I don't know what to do."

"What's the matter?" Fiona sat beside her, "We were so close, talk to me."

"I...I'm scared... I'm going backwards instead of forward," Brooke said to her.

"Why do you say that?" Fiona asked.

"I'm still painting pirate ships..." Brooke muttered.

Fiona tried to keep her facial expression calm but a flash of annoyance was clear in her eyes, "You've been painting them for so long... It can be difficult," Fiona said.

"But... I'm doing more detail on the scenery than the ship... I guess that's better," Brooke said.

"I'm sure it is... Have you seen my son?" Fiona asked.

"He's in there," Brooke said and pointed to the room she ran out of.

Nurse Ratched walked over and handed Brooke her medicine, Brooke took them, "May, I go to my room for a bit... I need space" She looked at Nurse Ratched.