029

I dedicate this chapter to my cousin and friend. I love you E, may you Rest In Peace and may you be seated upstairs with God. I hope to make you proud ❤️.

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽

Armani rubbed her 5 month pregnant belly as she kneeled in front of her mothers grave letting her tears fall as she ran her hand over her tombstone. She shakily breathed out jumping at the sound of the gun that shot and killed her mother replayed in her head the events. She had been gone for so long and still it never sat right with her. She could never understand the evil that was in the world, and she could never understand what her mom could have possibly did to be taken away from her so soon.

She shakily ran her hand over the tombstone and read the following words to herself;

HERE LIES:
MONIQUE APHRODITE GIBSON
LOVING MOTHER, DAUGHTER, SISTER, WIFE, NIECE, COUSIN AND DOCTOR
APRIL 20, 1981–OCTOBER 8, 2011

She broke down in tears as she kneeled down and placed the flowers she held in front of her and began to talk to her late mother.

"Hi mommy, I know I say it a lot but I really miss you and I wish you never left me here. I wish you were here to see everything I was able to do. I've done everything for you because we talked about so much. I managed to get my doctorate in just 2 years and I've finally took the position to become a pediatric nurse practitioner..just like we talked about." Armani took a long pause. "You know... I had a conversation with daddy and turns out he's ready to move on, he told me that he wants to get back into dating and he's met a woman he's fond of. I didn't like the sound of it so I kind of lashed at him. I know I can hear your voice telling me to respect my fathers wishes but I couldn't help it, I've seen parents move on after they lose their significant and forget who they truly loved and married before. I don't know... I guess I'm trying to say is I just don't want him to forget you is all. Anyway... I have to go. I really really love you mommy and I hope you're still saving my seat up there with you."

Armani sighed as she kissed her palm and placed her hand one more time on the tomb and stood up. She needed to start heading over to the new house but she wanted to see he mother again. She could remember every single detail of her mother and believed that she will never be matched in style and in grace. She had beautiful chocolate skin, almond shaped hazel brown eyes with full lashes, naturally arched eyebrows, and a body of a super model with curves to die for. She was truly a beautiful soul.

Armani smiled finally feeling peace within herself thinking about her father and his new woman. She felt she could actually come off genuine towards this Angela person instead of being a bitch towards her and give her a chance. She felt peace getting her resentment off her chest and walked with her right hand on her stomach and left holding her purse back to her car. She sat down in her driver seat and rested her feet and sighed before she started her car to head to her new home.