Chapter 25

"Your....what?" Kylo's eyes widened.

"Pregnant." I looked away, expecting him to get angry.

"Really?" His voice changed, he sounded happy. I looked over to see him smiling, really smiling. He put his large hand on my stomach and kissed my hand. "I'm going to be a dad?"

"Yes you are. Are you okay with this?"

"Of course I am. I will admit, I'm terrified. But I'm happy. Your going to be an amazing mom." He kissed my cheek.

"And your going to be an amazing dad my love." I kissed him a couple times before resting my head against his.

Kylo is now treating me like I'm going to break, that conversation was only days ago. He has to leave for awhile, a war is starting with the Resistance. And I can't fight so I'm staying in the destroyer. "I don't want you to leave." I pout.

"I know princess. I have to. I'll be back soon I promise." Kylo kissed me then kneels down and rubs my stomach. He puts his head under my dress and starts to mumble something into my stomach, then he kisses it. I giggle and pull him out then pulling him into a hug. It's so crazy to me, how much he has changed. I now see the real Kylo, I'm so happy.

"Please be safe, come home to me soon." I kiss him and hold onto him.

"I love you. Both of you." He smiles and kisses me before grabbing his bag and leaving.

"I love you." I quietly call out, watching the door shut behind him. Tears start to fall as I realize he could be gone for a long time. This war won't be quick.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by rapid knocking on the door. I quickly wipe my eyes and hurry to the door to see Chris. "Oh hi." I smile.

"Hey!" I step aside to let him in and lead him to the living room, I sat down and pulled my robe around me. "Oh congratulations! I heard about the baby!"

"Thank you! We are very happy. But wait, why aren't you leaving with the rest of them?"

"Oh..I'm still hurt. It's hard to walk still. So I'm getting transferred to a general, just like Hux. I'll lead the troops here."

"I'm so proud of you!" I hug him. "I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to see you lately."

"No it's okay! You both are in love, you deserve to be happy."

"How did you-"

"I've seen the way you both look at each other. If I was in love like that, I wouldn't want to see anyone else either." He chuckled.

"I'm worried. I know Kylo is powerful and very skilled, but I'm terrified that he won't return." I looked away, my eyebrows knitted together.

"Hey, he will be okay. We are winning this war. I know he will be okay." Chris rubs my shoulder.

"I need him. This baby needs him." I start to cry.

"I know. I know." Chris hold me while I cry.

I don't think I have ever been more terrified.

Time Skip!

I was left alone to wait. I've been waiting for months now. I am now 7 months along, and I found out that we are having a boy. I've thought of names but I don't want to name him without Kylo, he had talked to me twice within these long 6 months. By now, the whole galaxy knows about the emperors having a baby.

I rub my swollen belly and hum a lullaby down the hall, I make it to the front deck and see Chris looking out into the Galaxy. I waddle over to him and hold onto my belly. Chris keeps his hands behind his back, he doesn't look at me. "The troops shall return soon. The war is over."

"Over?" I question.

"We won Y/N. We won." He looks over to me with a smile.

I quickly hug him and wipe my tears. "Kylo will be returning!" I squeal. My happiness is short lived by General Hux running to us with a saddened look. "Hux?"

"Y/N...It's Ren. He....He didn't make it." I look down at his hands to see Kylo's mask and robe. I take them from him and hold it against my chest.

"Th-thank you." I stutter. I couldn't look him in the eyes, my vision became blurry as I started to run away.

"Y/N!" I hear Chris yell for me. But I keep running until I make it back to our room. I slam down onto my knees sobbing, it feels like my whole life has been ripped away from me. I curl into his robe on the floor, smelling his scent.

My love was ripped away from me.

Forever.