18 - I Don't Want to Leave

I ran through the corridors in my skimpy white silk pajamas. Christ I'd be killed if anyone saw me wearing this; I was covered up decently, but it would still be embarrassing. Under the current circumstances I didn't think Professor McGonagall would care. I walked hurriedly through the corridor, the only light coming from the tip of my wand. Suddenly, I heard shuffling. "Nox," I whispered, leaning against the wall in the pitch black corridor, hoping nobody heard me.

"Who's there?" the voice called angrily. "Draco?" I questioned. "Lumos," he whispered, turning his wand light on. He was only inches away from me now. "Bloody hell, what are you doing up at this hour?" he questioned me. "I could ask you the same," I huffed. "You look cute," he looked me up and down. "Oh shut up," I grumbled, biting my lip slightly. That's when I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt; only gray sweatpants.

"Something's happened, I have to get to McGonagall but I'll see you in the morning," I said hurriedly, turning away from him, even though I desperately wanted to stay. "Hey, what happened?" he grabbed my wrist, pulling me back to him. Shit, what do I say? "Harry's thrown up, we think it's serious," I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

"Don't lie to me, baby," he whispered, pulling me closer to him, our faces inches apart. Ugh, I give up. "Harry had a supposed 'nightmare', but we think it might've actually happened, I can't explain everything so you're gonna have to take my word for it, but it's serious, so if you could please just let me get to McGonagall's office-" I pleaded as he cut me off. "Alright, alright, I hope everything's okay," he looked into my eyes, rubbing the side of my cheek with his thumb. "Thank you," I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek then ran off.

"Professor McGonagall," I said, knocking on her door. I knocked slightly louder, wincing as she opened the door. "It's three in the morning dear, what could be so important that-" "Harry had a vision, of Mr. Weasley at the Ministry, Professor. He's been attacked, quite violently," I babbled. "I was hoping this wouldn't happen," she mumbled, taking my arm as we rushed back to the dormitory. Harry sat, still gasping for air as Ginny consoled him when we re-entered. "Come with me please, all of you," she pointed to me.

We walked swiftly to Dumbledore's office. Fred and George were alerted and entered shortly afterwards. "In the dream were you standing next to the victim, or were you looking down at the scene?" Dumbledore questioned Harry, who stood still dripped in sweat. "Neither, it was like I was, I- Professor would you please just tell me what's happening," Harry pleaded, but Dumbledore continued alerting his paintings to contact people and make arrangements.

"Sir, I-" "Filleus, alert the order along with Molly that Arthur Weasley has been severely injured, and the Weasley children will be arriving home soon by portkey," Dumbledore continued. "LOOK AT ME," Harry's pent up anger suddenly exploded on all of us. "What's happening to me?" Harry whimpered. Snape walked into the now silent room. "You wished to see me Albus?" he asked. "Ah, Severus, I'm afraid we can't wait, not even until morning, otherwise we will be vulnerable," Dumbledore explained. Harry was dragged out of the room by Snape.

I hugged Ginny one last time, waving to Fred, Ron and George as they dissapeared through the portkey in Dumbledore's office. "I'll escort you to your dormitory dear, does Miss Granger know?" Professor McGonagall questioned as we walked back downstairs. "She was asleep," I answered her. "I'd say we wait until morning, we don't want to keep her up all night worrying," she motioned me back into the common room. "Thank you Professor," I gave her a small smile. "Thank you for alerting me dear, you've been a great help," She waved me off as I walked upstairs.

9:00 AM

"So we're returning to the order for Christmas break?" Hermione questioned as Harry and I sat next to her. "Yup," I said quietly, looking over at Draco longingly. "Do you think, I could maybe, I don't know, stay here?" I asked gently, I didn't want them to think I'd gone mad. "Why, for what? Draco?" Hermione asked. "Yeah," I mumbled. "I think it's best you come back with us, I don't want you here all by yourself," Harry said suddenly. "But I won't be by myself," I whined. "Come on, you'd get to see your father," my heart fluttered at his words. I did really miss my Dad. "Fine," I grumbled, sticking my spoon angrily into my oatmeal.

"You should go tell him, we'll be leaving soon," Hermione said. My eyes saddened. "Alright," I stood up, plodding my way over to where he sat alone at the Slytherin table. "Hey," I sat down next to him, wondering how to break the news. "Hey, why do you look so sad?" he furrowed his brow in concern. "My Dad wants me to go home with the rest of the group for the holidays," I looked up at him, my eyes filled with sorrow. "Oh," he said, quite disappointingly. "I tried to convince him to let me stay, but he doesn't want me by myself," I sighed. "But you won't be by yourself," he brushed a strand of hair away from my cheek. "That's what I said," I smiled.

The great hall was fairly empty, but he did something I never thought he would in my entire life. "I'm gonna miss you," he threw his arms around me, pulling me into a tight and loving hug. "Me too," I whispered, a smile plastered on my face. "I've got to go pack, meet me when we leave?" I asked, seeing that Hermione and Harry were already waiting by the doors to go back to the common room. "Sure thing," he gave me a sad nod.