25 - The Department of Mysteries

We fell downwards, being caught by some sort of force field only a foot off the floor, lowering us down slowly. Harry still held the prophecy in his hand. "Where are we?" I asked shakily, grasping my wand as I stood up. "Are you alright?" Harry asked me. "They know, Harry. I'm practically dead the second they come back," I whimpered. "It's gonna be alright," Ginny looked at me.

"The voices, can you tell what their saying?" Harry asked, stepping up the large stone archway in the middle of the room. Luna and I stepped up as well. "There aren't any voices Harry, let's get out of here," Hermione said. "I can hear them too," Luna exclaimed. Hermione looked at me, all I did was nod. "Harry, it's just an empty archway," Hermione said.

Suddenly, there was rumbling. "Get behind me," Harry yelled. We all shuffled behind his back, standing with our wands ready. The death eaters came down from the ceiling with a crashing boom. A cloud of black smoke flew through us, as I rocketed to the ground, covering my ears, curled up in a small ball. Tears were emerging in my eyes at this point. A clawed hand reached out from the smog, grasping onto my arm tightly. "LET GO OF ME," I screamed, as we flew to the side of the room. When I opened my eyes again, each death eater had taken one of us, forming a circle with Harry in the middle.

Bellatrix clawed at my side, her wand pointed at my chin as she smirked playfully. Lucius laughed as he approached Harry. "Did you actually believe, or were you naïve enough to think that children, stood a chance against us?" he smiled at him evilly. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy, or watch your friends die," Lucius held out his hand once again. My ring glowed brightly with Bellatrix's wand pointed at my neck.

"Starting with the Bellegreen girl," Lucius added slyly. Harry looked over at me. "Don't give it to him Harry," I said, as much confidence in my voice as I could muster.

"SHUT UP, you're an excuse of a pureblood," Bellatrix hissed in my ear. "Last time I remember I killed two of your men, and you left, you bloody coward," I scowled at her. I'd gone to far. "CRUCIO," she screamed at me. I'd had no time to prepare. All of the training I'd done, for absolutely nothing. I fell to the ground, piercing screams filling the air as I struggled to focus. It felt as though a thousand hot knives were being dragged across my skin.

'Focus,' I repeated in my brain. Everyone stared at me in awe. "Stop it and I'll give it to you," Harry yelled. "Give it to him first," Bellatrix cackled. 'FOCUS, CAROLINE,' I could hear my mother scream at me in my head, my ears ringing from the pain as my eyes filled with salty tears. He handed Lucius the prophecy. "Stop it," Harry cried. "I said STOP!" Harry screamed. "You're just like your mother, so weak," Bellatrix taunted me. "Don't you dare say a fucking word against my Mother," I panted, my veins glowing golden, my eyes filled with blinding rays. I picked myself off of the ground, right in front of her.

"What did you say?" I asked again, facing her directly. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I screamed, shoving my hand around her neck, melting her skin. "Nothing," she whimpered. "That's what I thought," I released my hand as she stood silently, a burn mark around her neck. "Now girl, calm down," Lucius approached me carefully.

"Why should I?" tears ran down my cheeks. "We can sort this out," he exclaimed. His eyes locked on mine, as I stared into his. I slowly felt the power drain out of my body. Only Draco could calm me down like that, but his eyes had done it. I was still trembling as he stared at me with wonder. Before words could be spoken, bright white lights landed above us, releasing us from the death eaters' grasps. The Order was here. Lucius walked back over to Harry, the prophecy still tucked in his hands.

"Get away from my godson." Sirius punched Lucius straight across the face, sending the prophecy flying, smashing to pieces on the Ministry floor. Suddenly, Tonks, Mad Eye and Lupin were here. I was swiftly swooped into a veil of bright light, my Dad moving us to cover. "What are you doing here?" he asked me strictly. "Fight now, questions later," I panted. "You've already revealed yourself enough already, you're staying here with me," "I have an idea," I smirked at him. "What?" "I've already been exposed, let me help," I pleaded with him. "Fine, but make it long range," he sighed.

"Stupefy," he muttered, hitting me with enough energy to power myself. I quickly formed my bow and arrow out of the golden energy. I shot one of the death eaters right through the back, impaling him right through his body. Sirius and Harry fought in the center. "Cover us!" Tonks yelled to me. I nodded, wiping the sweat off my forehead, my ponytail messy. I shot arrows from behind the rocks, allowing Tonks to run Ginny and Luna over to us. I continued shooting as they ran to the door. "We've got to get you out of here," My Dad yelled. "Go Dad, I'll cover you," I yelled.

"Please," I nodded. He ran, his wand in his hand, towards the door. I ran around the jagged rocks, shooting at anything that moved, but as I made it to the door, I witnessed something I'd never forget, or want to remember.

Bellatrix apparated onto a large rock, Harry sending Lucius flying backwards. "Nice one James!" Sirius smiled as they continued to fight. "HARRY!" I screamed, my father holding me back, as Bellatrix pointed her wand.

"Avada Kedavra."