34 - Home at Grimmauld's Place

June 18th, the Last Day of School

The week had flown by faster than I had hoped. Hermione, Ginny and I rolled our bags into the main corridor, watching as friends hugged and said their goodbyes before boarding the train. I spotted Draco down an empty side corridor with his black leather trunk. "I'll be right back," I said, leaving my luggage with the two girls as they waited for Harry, Ron, Fred and George. I ran up to him, giving him the largest hug I could muster.

We held each other so tight we couldn't breathe, but I didn't care. I pulled away, looking into his eyes as our tears began to fall. "Please be safe, I can't lose you," I wiped a tear off his cheek. "I'll try my best," he managed to smile through his sadness. Our lips locked, kissing each other as though it would be our last. In the back of my mind, I knew I was probably right. "I love you so, so much," he kissed my forehead.

"I love you more, ferret boy."

All he could do was smile somberly as I walked away from him. I wiped my tears with my robes, but when I returned to the group, they could see my red eyes and cheeks. Luckily nobody said anything. We began walking, and loaded into a carriage. I sat next to Fred and Ginny.

"Goodbyes are always hard you know," Fred whispered quietly in my ear. "It didn't feel this hard last year," I sniffled, my hand grasping at the necklace Draco had given me over a year ago. "It's because you know things are going to be different," he said, "but I know you'll make it in the end. We all will," Fred smiled.

We arrived at Hogsmeade Station, the elves loading our luggage onto the train. We took a seat in an empty compartment, Fred and George going to sit with their friends. It was their last train ride, after all. They'd gotten to spend their last year together, but Dumbledore had no choice but to not allow them back after their prank during OWL's. They'd been saving up money for a joke shop in Diagon Alley, and we'd all pitched in. They'd be renovating and making products over the summer.

Draco had let me take his sweater again. It sat in my arms, but I decided it would be better to tuck it into my backpack. "Any seats left in here?" Luna smiled, opening the compartment door. "Sure," we all smiled. She sat next to Ginny and I, Hermione, Harry and Ron on the other side. I think the train ride home was one of my favorite memories. Despite the events that had happened during the year, I felt more at home than ever; as if we had been brought even more together by some invisible force.

We pulled up to Platform 9 3/4. Harry and I waved goodbye to the Weasleys and Hermione. They'd be dropping her home before returning to The Burrow. I spotted Dad and Lupin, and Harry and I ran over, giving them hugs. "I missed you," my Dad smiled. "I did too," I giggled. "Let's get your stuff loaded, shall we?" he asked. I eyed Draco and his Father who were standing at the edge of the platform.

My eyes locked on Lucius, and his did the same. "Come on," Lupin grabbed my shoulder protectively as we walked out of the train station, to where Harry and my Dad were loading our luggage into the trunk. Tonks sat in the back seat. Lupin pulled me aside. "Being alone was never difficult for that boy until he met you," he sighed. "After seeing that, I know he cares. But don't underestimate his family," he said, opening the back seat door for me to get in. "I know," I nodded.

I gave Tonks a hug as Harry loaded in next to me. Great, I had to sit in the middle. Lupin got in the driver's seat, my Dad sitting in the passenger's seat next to him. After a twenty minute long car ride, we'd arrived at Grimmauld place. "Go to your rooms as usual," Lupin motioned us upstairs to unpack. Harry had decided to stay in the hall across from me instead of his usual room on the third floor; I didn't blame him. Even though we hid it, we were both bloody terrified.

After unpacking, we grouped downstairs for dinner. It was just Dad, Lupin, Tonks, Harry and I. It was almost peaceful. I loved Grimmauld place. There were so many rooms to explore, so much history. Of course Kreacher, the house elf only listened to Harry or Lupin. Lupin may not have been a Black, but he had been their friends since he was a boy. It only made sense Kreacher had grown fond of him.

Harry and I stayed up all night in my room talking about what had happened that year. We sat on the baby blue rug next to the main window, that looked out over London. Taxi's honked outside the window, the sound of the city adding ambience to the quiet room. "I've always loved the city," I smiled. "My favorite part is the metro," Harry smiled. "The trains are cool, but it smells," I giggled. "You're not wrong."

"I have a question," I said quietly. "What is it then?" he asked. "Do you like Ginny?" should I have asked that? Probably not. Did I want to know? Absolutely. He froze, a bit of blush rising in his cheeks. "I don't know how to answer that," he stuttered. "It's alright, you've just told me," I smiled. "What do you mean? I didn't say anything," he said. "But you did. I'm good at reading people's reactions," I rolled my eyes jokingly.

At around three in the morning, we decided to go to bed. "Night. Harry," I waved as he shut his bedroom door. I got underneath the soft covers, holding onto Draco's sweater tightly. Lorelei jumped up onto my bed, snuggling up next to me, purring. "Goodnight," I pet her head softly. Before I knew it, we were both sound asleep.