22 - Captured

Ginny and I sat quietly in the common room. "Where are Ron and Hermione?" I asked, flipping through a muggle magazine I'd brought with me, Ginny sitting by my side, pointing out her favorite items. "Probably off snogging somewhere," she joked. "You really want the two of them to get together, don't you?" I giggled, flipping to the next page. "Ooh, that's pretty," she pointed to a lavender mini dress.

Harry was off with Snape, doing lessons for God knows what. All I knew is there was a connection between his mind and the Dark Lord's or something. The situation as a whole was very confusing, he didn't talk about it much. "Tomorrow is our charms exam, we should get some rest," I exclaimed, shutting the magazine and leaving it on the couch. We walked up to our dormitory, throwing on our pajamas, and went swiftly to sleep.

The next afternoon...

We entered the exam room. Draco and I took our usual seats, next to each other. Where the hell were Fred and George? Their seats were empty. Maybe they skipped. An hour into examinations, we heard loud shuffling in the main corridor. Professor Umbridge walked to the main doors, opening them wide; only to get a firework in the face. I giggled. We heard a roar, when suddenly, Fred and George burst into the exam room on their broomsticks, throwing papers and fireworks into the air. The crowd went up in cheers as fireworks filled the hall.

We followed Fred and George out into the courtyard, Draco's hand in mine. "This is ridiculous," he scoffed. "Oh shut up, you're enjoying every minute of this," I smiled at him. He smirked at me. "Cheer up," I shoved his shoulder lightly, as students gathered in the courtyard. Fred and George flew high into the sky, large fireworks making every rule that had been hung on the great hall's walls fall behind us.

We all clapped and cheered as the Weasley twins threw fireworks into the air; they even managed to crack a smile and a few claps out of Draco. Suddenly, Harry fell to the ground, looking rather sick. I didn't hesitate to run over to him, Hermione already by his side. "Harry, what's wrong?" I yelled over the crowd. Draco looked over to me in concern, and I shot a glance back at him. "Sirius," Harry gasped.

Harry pulled himself up, running towards the Gryffindor common room. "Harry, are you sure?" Hermione gasped as her, Ron and I ran after him. "It was the same exact thing with Arthur Weasley," he yelled, running up the grand staircase. "Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have last time, and it's in the department of mysteries," "Harry listen, what if Voldemort wanted you to see this? He's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you," Hermione explained. "What if he is? Am I to just, let him die? Hermione, he's the only family I've got left," Harry ranted.

"What do we do?" Ron asked as we ran through the halls. "We've got to use the floo network," "I thought Umbridge had all of those under surveillance," I exclaimed. "Not all of them, we'll use the one in her office," Harry said confidently.

We arrived at her office door. "Alohomora," I muttered, the door lock clicking open. Harry lit the fireplace. "Alert the order if you can," Harry stared into the fire. "Are you mental? We're going with you," Ron stammered. "Have you lost your mind? We're in this together," Hermione said.

"That. You. Are." I jumped. Shit. Umbridge stood in the doorway. "I've already sent the Inquisitorial Squad to go fetch your little friends," she smiled. She grabbed Harry, shoving him into the chair for interrogation. Each member of the Inquisitorial Squad brought back a Dumbledore's Army member, holding them tightly by the wrists so we couldn't escape. "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl-" Draco's voice cut off as he saw me, Neville tight under his grasp. Umbridge began to interrogate Harry.

"Goyle," Draco hissed. "Switch with me," he said, throwing Neville over to him. Goyle pushed me into Draco's arms, as he caught me carefully. He stood me up, one hand behind my back, one on my waist. "What the hell were you doing here?" he whispered. "The right thing, unlike you," I hissed back. "I didn't have a choice," he answered.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge asked Harry. "No," he answered. "Don't lie to me," she slapped him right across the cheek, making me wince as the loud smack echoed through the room. Draco pulled me in tighter to him. "Shh, it's okay," he whispered into my ear. "This is child abuse," I answered back. "You asked for me?" Snape walked through the door.

"Ah, yes, Snape. The time has come for answers, whether they want to give them to me or not," she yelled. "Have you brought the veritaserum?" "I'm afraid you used up my stores interrogating Miss Chang," Snape cooed. So that's why she snitched. "Unless you wish to poison him, and I would have the greatest sympathy if you did, I cannot help you," he turned to leave.

"He's got Padfoot," Harry yelled. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot, what is Padfoot? Where is it, what is it that he's talking about Snape?" She asked strictly.

"No idea." Snape turned and left, slamming the door behind him. He had to tell someone at the order; he was on our side, right?

"Very well. You've given me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of the Ministry Security, you leave me with no alternative." she cooed.

What the hell is she talking about? "The cruciatus curse will have to do," she said. "What Cornelius doesn't know, won't hurt him," she explained.

"That's illegal," I yelled. Draco's grip tightened on me protectively.

"Well, if you'd like to trade places with your counterpart, feel free to do so, I assume you know just as much," she smiled. She had no idea what she was in for. A smirk grew on my face.

"Gladly."