23 - Malfoy's Excuse

DRACO'S POV

She tried to escape my grasp. "You're gonna get yourself killed," I whispered in her ear strictly. "I don't care," she scoffed, trying to move, but I held her back tightly. "Go on, Mr. Malfoy, let them switch," she cooed. She escaped my grasp and Potter moved next to me. She sat down in the chair, Umbridge's wand pointed straight at her face. "Cruc-" "Are you sure you wanna do that?" She laughed at her. What the fuck was she doing?

"Why are you laughing child," Umbridge smirked at her. "Cru-" "You really don't wanna do that," Caroline giggled in her face. "Or what?" Umbridge smacked her cheek, hard. I winced, concern washing over my face, my chest beginning to beat faster. She just sat their silently, but I could see a small golden glint in her eyes when she winked at her. Umbridge stood starstruck. "What is your name, young lady?" she scolded her.

"Caroline," she smiled. "Caroline Bellegreen," she emphasized on her last name, her eyes were completely golden, filled with light at this point. "You little, bitc-" Umbridge began, but Granger cut her off. "Tell her, Caroline!" "Tell me what?" Umbridge asked. "Well, if you won't tell me what it is, I will," "Where what is?" Umbridge continued. Granger opened her mouth.

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."

CAROLINE'S POV

I'm going with them," I stood in Draco's grasp as Harry and Hermione exited through the office doors. I had no idea what their plan was, but Hermione was sure as hell good at hiding it. "You're staying with me," Draco hissed in my ear. "No I'm not-" He turned me around, my face inches away from his. "What you just did could get you killed, if you went out there just Umbridge and the other three and something happened, I wouldn't bloody forgive myself," he cursed as his grip around me tightened, his rings leaving indents in my wrists.

We stood in the classroom, the Inquisitorial Squad still holding onto each person. "You could make it up to me you know, do the right thing," I whispered to Draco. "By doing what?" "Just bloody think of something," I hissed at him. He hesitated for a moment, but made a decision. I could see it in his eyes.

"Umbridge needs us monitoring the halls, go on everyone, I'll watch over them, make sure they don't do anything stupid," Draco lightly shoved me. "Go on, now," Draco ordered them. They swiftly left with their wands, wandering out into the halls. Once everyone was out, I kissed Draco on the cheek. "Thank you," I smiled, grabbing our wands from her desk. "You owe me big time," he grumbled, as Luna, Ginny, Neville, Ron and I ran out of the office. "Hey," Draco grabbed my arm. "Be careful," he kissed my forehead before letting me go.

"How'd you get away?" Hermione asked, as we met them on the bridge. "Caroline and Malfoy came up with some excuse," Neville smiled. "Sometimes I bloody love your boyfriend," Harry rolled his eyes. "I know," I nudged him. "So, how are we getting to London?" Neville asked.

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate all that you've done, but I've got you into enough trouble as it is," Harry walked off. "Dumbledore's Army is supposed to be doing something real," Neville said. "Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate," Ron smiled, Harry turning around.

"So how are we going to get to London?" Harry said. "We fly, of course," Luna smiled.

We ran into the forest, searching for the herd of thestrals. Those who could see them would fly alone, those who couldn't got on with another. Hermione sat behind me, her hands clutched to my waist as we stood on the forest floor. "Ready?" Harry yelled. "Ready!" we all yelled back in unison. "Go!" I commanded, the thestrals kicking up off the floor, dirt and dust drifting behind us as we flew into the blue sky.

I held onto the thestral tightly as we flew over Hogwarts, the sun shining beautifully over it's landscape. We soared over the mountains, flying higher into the clouds as we reached civilization. "Lightning up ahead!" Harry yelled. We weaved through the storm, battling the rain that washed over the city of London, lights and tall buildings shining below.

We landed gracefully on the empty side road in front of the Ministry office, getting off the thestrals with a jump and waving goodbye as they flew back home. "How do we get back?" I questioned. "Hadn't really thought of that part," Harry mumbled. We stood in front of the visitors entrance, a small red telephone booth. "I'll go first, make sure it's safe. I'll send a flare up if there's nobody here," I said, gripping my wand tightly in my hand.

I stepped into the telephone booth, shutting the door closed behind me.

62442

I plugged the password into the phone, slowly moving downwards into the ground. I waved as I slid under through the concrete sidewalk. The Ministry slowly took form around me. It was made of black glossy bricks, the ceiling high and grand with a picture of Cornelius Fudge hanging from the top of the main wall. A fountain sat at the center, filled with stray muggle coins that witches and wizards had collected off of the streets.

Most importantly, the Ministry was empty. I threw a flare into the telephone booth as it rose back up into the air. I waited silently against the wall as the others came down in groups of two. "Ready?" Harry asked us. "Let's go," I said.

We walked quickly but quietly through the corridors, checking every hall before making our move. We made our way to the elevator, squeezing in tightly, as Harry pressed the button labeled 'department of mysteries'. As we landed at our floor, the iron doors of the elevators opened.

"Department of Mysteries," the speaker said kindly, and we were greeted by a dark hallway that ended with a dark green door. "This is it," Harry exclaimed, as we walked slowly down the hallway. I stood in front, opening the doorknob.

It was time to save Sirius Black.