Snooping

"Amity, you can't just lock yourself in your room forever." Boscha drawled as she knocked on her friend's closed door.

Amity tucked her knees beneath her chin and glared at the door from her position on her bed. She knew that Boscha would probably eventually kick the door down but she wanted to see if she was wrong.

"Alright cutie if you're not coming out I'm coming in." Boscha finally said, backing up to get a running start before ramming her shoulder into the door. It swung open without offering Boscha any defense.

Boscha pushed herself off the ground and looked up at Amity. "So you didn't lock the door?" Amity shrugged. "What's the point? You would have come in regardless."

"Well, you could have made it easier and just told me that the door was unlocked," Boscha grumbled, brushing dust from the front of her shirt. "Now, can you please explain what happened at the arcade? We were having so much fun then you freaked."

Amity hugged her legs closer to her and flopped down onto the bed on her side. "I don't know Boscha, you'll think I'm crazy or at least psychotic if I tell you." Boscha shrugged, jumping onto the bed. "I don't think so, I've probably done some borderline psychotic things at some point so I'm not gonna judge you."

"Are you sure? It's really messed up." Amity insisted. Boscha flicked Amity on the forehead. "Listen here you dumbass, I like you and we're friends. You already stand by my bullshit so it's only fair that I stand by yours, now what is it?"

Amity rubbed her forehead in annoyance. "Fine, I'll tell you just don't do that again." Boscha crossed her legs and looked down at Amity expectantly. "Alright, go on then."

"I just....Ugh, I don't know how to explain it." Amity lamented. "You know what? Whatever. I thought of killing Luz." She mumbled

Boscha silently stared at Amity in confusion. "...Come again?"

"I-I don't know why but I had these thoughts that were centered around Luz-" Boscha snorted. "So nothing new?"

Amity whimpered, hiding her face in her pillow. Boscha panicked at seeing that. "Wow, wow, wow, Am what happened? You're usually used to my jokes so-"

"I had visions of killing Luz okay!" Amity shouted. Boscha froze at hearing those words. "I-I saw her on the floor Boscha, and she was covered in blood. Boscha what's wrong with me? Why would I-I've never had those kinds of thoughts before, what's happening to me?" Amity sobbed, staring down at her hands in disbelief.

Boscha grabbed Amity's shoulders and hugged her tightly. "Listen Amity, I don't think this is you okay?" Amity buried her face in Boscha's shoulder and sobbed. "B-but I was the one thinking that, it has to be me-"

"No." Boscha moved back and stared at Amity. "Answer me this, do you love Luz?"

Amity chuckled awkwardly. "Well, I wouldn't go that far yet but I really care about her." Boscha nodded. "So you would never think about killing her right?"

"Of course not b-"

Boscha held a hand up. "Ep! I'm trying to prove a point. Listen this might sound strange but I think I know what's happening?" Amity hung her head. "It's me right?" Boscha frowned. "Uh no. It might be some sort of dark magic."

Amity raised an eyebrow, wiping her tears away. "Come on Boscha, don't lie to me just because I'm your friend-"

"I'm not lying, Amity! I've seen this kind of magic before okay? My mom is a witch, remember? She's dealt with her fair share of dark spells." Boscha insisted. Amity was still a little skeptical but nodded. "Okay, explain please."