Counting my riches

Amity awkwardly waved at Luz. "Hey."

Luz gazed down at the bouquet of blue and purple flowers in Amity's hand and flushed. She looked back at Amity's face and was surprised to find a blush on her face as well.

"Um, these are for you. As an apology." Amity said, holding the bouquet out towards Luz. The girl took it cautiously and looked down at the carefully arranged flowers wrapped together with a small white string.

Amity carefully took a seat next to Luz and they both sat there silently gazing at the trees around them. Luz fiddled with the bouquet in her hands, nervously biting her lip. Amity had asked her to come here so Amity should be the first one to talk, not the other way around.

Amity cleared her throat and turned towards Luz. "Luz, first I'd like to apologize for the way I reacted when you told me that you...held feelings for me," Amity stated, making sure that she didn't say anything wrong. Luz turned to her and smiled sadly. "It's fine Amity, I understand that you don't l-"

"Let me finish Luz." Amity cut her off, holding a hand up. She breathed deeply before continuing. "I'm afraid you got the wrong idea from my reaction. I do have...feelings for you as well, though I'm sure that that's clear." Amity nervously picked at the grass beneath her.

"Listen, I partially lied about the bond thing. It is true that those who are bonded don't need to...stay together but our bond is stronger, as cliche as that sounds. Our bond is strengthening too quickly and usually, the quicker a bond matures the more likely it is for those two bonded to mate."

Luz listened to what Amity was saying without interrupting her. This was definitely new information. "So...What you're trying to say is that we're really compatible?"

Amity chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "Essentially, but what I am also trying to say is that...I may also have non-platonic feelings for you." Luz smiled slyly, leaning closer to Amity. "Care to elaborate on that partner?" She teased.

Amity blushed, looking down at the ground to allow her hair to hide her face from Luz. "I-I suppose what I mean is that I would like to explore these...feelings with you?" Luz laughed, ignoring the blush that was present on her face. "Amity, I know that you're smart so can you just say what you want to say plainly?"

"I-" Amity cleared her throat and turned to look at Luz straight in the eye. "Luz Noceda, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

Well, those were words Luz never thought she would hear from anyone. Luz reached out to hold Amity's hand with her free hand and smiled softly at her. "Yes, I would like that." Amity sighed in relief. "O-Oh? Good, great!"

Amity looked back at Luz and stated. "Should we kiss now?" Luz laughed at the absurdity of their conversation. "If you wanted a kiss you could have just asked, we are girlfriends now after all." Amity smiled, cupping her hand against Luz's cheek and pulling her into a kiss.

Luz set the flowers down on the ground to bring her hands against Amity's waist. She pressed closer to the werewolf and smiled when Amity pulled away and leaned her forehead against Luz's. "Happy?"

Amity nodded breathlessly. "Yeah...Yeah, I'm happy." Luz hummed. "Good, 'cause now I need to tell Eda how things went." Amity snapped her fingers and took her phone out. Luz looked down at the screen as Amity tapped away furiously on the keyboard.

BOSCHA!!! I DID IT! [1:12 pm]

[1:13 pm] Fidget spinner but different: did wut?

I ASKED LUZ TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND AND SHE SAID YES! [1:13 pm]