Revelations

"When do you think Eda is gonna come back?" King asked absentmindedly as he moved his knight forward on the chessboard.

Luz looked down at the board and hummed. "She said that she'd be back soon so I guess she'll be back in a few minutes, check by the way." King let out a whine when he saw that Luz had moved her rook in a way that it would be able to kill his king if he didn't move it. Luz leaned her arm back and rested her palm against the carpeted ground as she watched King fuss over the chessboard.

"Hah!" King shouted triumphantly as he moved his bishop in front of his king. "Deal with that!" Luz laughed as she observed the board, sure King had countered her move but that wasn't enough to secure a victory. "Hmm, interesting move. But I bet you didn't see this coming." Luz went to move her queen when a loud whoosh sounded from behind her.

King jumped up and cheered. "Eda! You're back."

Luz turned towards Eda and was about to welcome her home when she saw the state the woman was in. Sure Eda didn't have any injuries but what caught Luz's attention was the person that Eda seemed to be supporting.

"Amity?" Luz called out in confusion. The werewolf tiredly lifted her head and smiled nervously. "Hey, uh, I know you said that you wanted space but Eda didn't really give me a choice so-"

Eda led Amity to the couch in the living room and sighed. "Kid, that's the least of your worries right now. Stay still for a little okay, I need to heal your wounds." Amity stiffly sat on the couch as Eda moved her hands over her wounds.

Luz watched silently as Eda worked. She was fidgeting slightly in her seat, waiting for the right time to ask what happened.

"Okay kid, you should be fine for now but you probably shouldn't do anything to strain yourself." Amity looked down at herself and grimaced when she saw the dried blood that was still caked on her clothes. "Uh, I don't want to sound rude or anything but do you have any clothes I can borrow?"

"I can get something," Luz spoke up, immediately standing and running up the stairs and into her room. Amity stared mutely as Luz left, she had a sinking feeling that the girl was just trying to get away from her but that was absurd, Luz just left to get her clothes she shouldn't analyze that gesture too much.

Eda glanced back at King who was patiently sitting next to the forgotten chessboard on the table. The little demon patted his paw against the table and pointed towards Amity. "Will you keep playing with me? Luz left and I want to finish conquering the board." Amity nodded her head slightly and let a small smile form on her face when King cheered happily. Eda leaned back into the couch and crossed her arms over her chest as she watched Amity and King play chess.

Five minutes later Luz came barreling down the stairs with a stack of clothes tucked under her arm. The latina paused at the bottom of the stairs when she saw how absorbed Amity was in her game with King. The girl's brows were furrowed in thought and she seemed to actually be letting King win on purpose. Luz stepped towards amity and handed the clothes to her. "These are just some of my clothes, we're basically the same size so you should fit in them."

Amity nodded, offering Luz a small smile before standing from the couch. "Thank you, I'll just go change."

Luz waited for Amity to be out of sight before turning towards Eda. "What happened to her? What were you doing anyway?" Eda lazily held a hand up and shrugged. "Well, originally I was just going to have a talk with Blight about hurting you but I think I walked in at the right time cause her parents were...I honestly don't know what they were going to do to her but it wasn't going to be pretty. Hell, it wasn't pretty when I got there."