Forget-me-not

"For fuck's sake."

Skara looked up from the textbook that was placed on the table in front of her. "What is it Amity?" Said girl tossed her phone towards the elf who scrambled to catch it without making it fall. Skara looked down at the messages and frowned. "So she still hasn't answered huh? Maybe you're being a little too pushy."

Amity scoffed. "Pushy? I'm concerned for her okay? We both know how she gets when she's alone and I doubt she's told anyone else about her problem." Skara sighed. "Listen Amity, that is something that Boscha needs to deal with on her own and I don't feel comfortable intervening unless it's a life or death situation or if she specifically asks for my help. And besides, she left to take a break from everything that's happening, why can't we at least give her that? She hasn't even properly mourned the death of her ma yet."

The werewolf slumped in her seat and picked at the food in front of her. "I guess you're right, I should give her space. I just want to make sure that she's okay." Skara smiled and pat Amity's back soothingly. "It's fine Amity, it's normal for you to be worried. Let's just try to give her some time to chill then we can see if she's alright."

Amity hummed in acknowledgment. "Fine, I'm giving her two days then I'm-"

She was cut off by a body colliding with her back as arms circled around her shoulder. "Hey, Ami!" Amity calmed when she recognized the familiar scent of the person behind her and smiled. "Hey Luz, how did your bio test go?"

The latina groaned as she fell onto the bench next to Amity. "Awful, I didn't understand anything even though Skye was helping me cheat." Skara chuckled as she stabbed a piece of her lettuce. "Yeah that was your first mistake, never accept help from Skye. They mean well but trust me, they have no idea what they're doing."

"Aw, that means I failed," Luz whined. Amity chuckled. "It's just one test Luz, I'm sure you'll do better next time if you actually studied instead of spending the whole weekend trying to get Eda to fly you around town in her owl form."

Luz playfully shoved Amity and laughed. "Don't judge me, you love me." Amity hummed and teasingly grinned at Luz. "It's because I love you that I judge you." Skara rolled her eyes and gestured down to her plate of food. "Please, don't do this in front of me and my salad."

"Oh yeah sorry." Luz chuckled awkwardly as she reached into her bag and pulled out a container of food. "Actually, Amity, I wanted you to try something." The youngest Blight hummed, turning towards Luz as she took a bite from the apple she had in her hand.

Luz uncapped the plastic container and Amity's ears perked up when the smell of whatever was inside of the tupperware assaulted her senses. Amity leaned towards Luz and looked down at the food that was present in the container. Luz grinned. "I made some boeuf bourguignon since you said that you were french, do you want to try it? I don't know if I made it very well."

Amity smiled at Luz and shrugged. "I'm sure that it tastes great Luz, your food always tastes divine." Luz cooed and neither of them realized when Skara stood and walked away from the table, mumbling a quiet 'I'm gonna go get water' as she left.

Luz handed Amity a fork and leaned her head in her hands. "You say the sweetest things Ami, but if it's not good, please don't lie, I want to get better at making different things." Amity hummed. "Okay sure, but I doubt it's going to be that bad."

The latina chuckled nervously. "Heh, my cooking isn't that good Amity, you should try my mami's empanadas I swear they taste better every time I have them-" Luz jumped when she heard the loud moaning sound that came from Amity when the girl took a bite of the food from the container.