Closed off

"Shouldn't we not be doing this?" Gus stressed as he followed Luz and Willow out of the car.

Willow had decided to pay a visit to Boscha's mom after school had let out and Luz and Gus had decided to tag along, though Gus still had a few doubts.

"We're just going to have a little chat okay?" Willow reassured the boy. "Boscha is still at her cousins and I just want to keep her mother company." Luz hummed at that and cautiously knocked on the door.

Luz turned back towards Willow as she waited for someone to open the door. "Uh, so how exactly do you know Boscha's mom?" Willow shrugged. "She knows my dads, sometimes she comes over for coffee."

"Oh." Luz let out in a low voice, not really knowing what to say to that.

The door eventually opened and revealed Lillian who momentarily looked taken aback to see the three teenagers at her doorstep. "Oh, Willow how nice of you to come by. Um, do come in." Lillian stepped to the side, letting Luz, Willow, and Gus enter the house.

"It's nice to see you again Mrs. Stuart. I'm sorry for the impromptu visit." Lillian dismissed Willow's apology. "Nonsense betta, you're always welcome here. Would you like any water? Or tea?"

"Oh of course, I'll help you get everything," Willow spoke up as she followed Lillian into the kitchen. Luz cleared her throat and sat down on the couch and Gus quickly followed. "Uh so...do you and Willow usually come visit Boscha's mom?"

Gus nodded. "Ever since Boscha left we've been visiting her maybe every other day? She's been a little lonely so yeah." Luz hummed. "Oh? But can't she just tell Boscha to come home?"

"That does seem logical but I don't really want to pry, if its family matters then I really shouldn't get involved," Gus explained just as Lillian and Willow returned with a tray of cups and a tea kettle.

"I hope it's alright." Lillian started nervously as she handed them each a mug of tea. "I haven't brewed tea in awhile so I'm sorry if it is not up to par." Luz gratefully took the offered mug with a smile and looked down at the warm beverage that had small coils of steam emitting from its surface. She blew on it slowly before taking a cautious sip.

Apples.

That was the first thing she tasted.

The latina hummed in delight. "This is really good Mrs. Stuart! Apple were always my favorite." Lillian smiled down at Luz as she sipped her own tea slowly. "Oh, well I'm glad you like it, Luz. This brew was always Boscha's favorite." She trailed off slightly at the sentence, gaining a faraway look as she stared into her mug.

Luz sent Willow an apologetical look to which the elf simply shrugged and turned towards Lillian. "So, how have things been Mrs. Stuart?"

Lillian placed her mug down on the table and smiled at Willow. "Mashallah everything has been fine so far." Luz frowned. "But, Boscha left you alone here. Don't you feel lonely?"

Willow and Gus sent Luz an incredulous look to which the latina simply frowned deeper, not understanding what she had said wrong. Lillian cracked a small smile at Luz. "I'm sure it looks bad but it's fine. Boscha needs time to heal and that's fine-"

"But she left you alone." Luz continued. "I mean if she wanted to leave that would be fine but she didn't even tell you or anything. Have you even heard from her?" Willow was staring at Luz with a wide-eyed look while Gus kept alternating between gazing at Luz in disbelief and looking at Lillian for any indicator of what the woman felt.

Lillian sighed and flipped one end of her hijab over her shoulder. "I'm guessing you are the Luz that Boscha was talking about. The one that is Amity's mate?" Luz nodded. "Oh, so Boscha talks about me?" The latina asked, shifting the conversation topic to something more casual.

"Oh yes, Boscha talks about you all a lot. But I think she may need some time alone right now. She never truly processed what happened and I want to give her time to do that." Lillian explained softly. Luz ran her fingers over the rim of her mug and nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense, sorry if I seemed rude."

Lillian shook her head. "Nonsense, you're fine betta. It's normal to be curious." Suddenly the familiar chime of a phone going off rang through the dining room. Lillian looked down at her phone and her smile vanished. She stood and hummed. "I'm sorry I have to take this."

"It's fine, we'll wait." Willow assured the woman who smiled at them before walking out of the dining room.

Willow turned towards Luz as soon as Lillian left and hissed. "Luz? What was that?" The latina shrugged. "I was just having a conversation, I'm sorry if I sounded blunt." Gus patted Luz's shoulder.

"It's fine Luz, we just aren't used to you being that forward. Maybe it's part of your werewolf thing?" Luz shrugged. "I mean, it's possible? I didn't ask Amity about this kind of stuff...I probably should have."

Luz's ears perked up as she heard voices coming from outside. "Hey guys, can you hear what's happening outside?" Willow raised an eyebrow at Luz. "Uh, no? Wait, you can hear Mrs. Stuart from here?" Luz furrowed her brows. "Uh, I think?"

"That's intrusive, no? Luz, can you close your ears or something?" Gus asked. The latina panicked and slapped her hands to her ears, yelping in surprise when pain flared up around her ears and she immediately pulled her hands away.

Luz cringed when she continued to hear the conversation from outside and groaned. "I'm sorry" She whined apologetically. Willow hummed. "Well, if you can hear can you tell us what they're talking about?"

"Willow!"

***-***-***

"Okay so like what are you going to do about Luz then?"

Amity rolled her eyes at hearing Alpha's voice. "Can you let me study first?" Alpha scoffed. "No, you're gonna come up with a solution right now or you'll keep putting it off and next thing you know you'll see Luz with someone new and it'll send you into another rage."

"No I won't okay. Look I won't totally alienate her but I can't be with her as a couple."

"And why not? What's stopping you? You're crippling fear that you're gonna hurt her? Alpha mocked. Amity furrowed her brows and set her pen down on her desk. "You know as well as me why." Alpha shrugged. "I actually don't. Your entire argument is centered around you putting her in danger but she'll be in danger whether or not you stay near her so wouldn't be better to BE with her in case any danger comes?"

Amity remained silent as she processed that. Sure Alpha had a point but she was too far in at this point, if she kept leaving and going back to Luz the latina would definitely start to doubt her, taking into account the fact that she may already be doubting Amity, not that the girl could blame her.

"I don't know. Is she really safer with me?" Amity mused to herself. "Okay listen here you idiot. Whether Luz is safer with you or not she is clearly happier with you. And besides who are you to decide what's best for her? She's a big girl, I'm sure she can make decisions for herself."

Amity sighed. "Yeah. You're right."

"Wait, are you agreeing with me? Deadass? Hell yeah now c'mon call Luz and get this whole thing sorted out!" Alpha cheered.

Amity cautiously moved to grab her phone and dialed Luz's phone number. "C'mon let's get our girl back." Alpha chanted as the dial tone sounded. Amity held her phone up to her ear and nearly gasped when she heard the voice on the other end when the call was finally picked up

"Hello? Amity?"

Amity took a deep breath before uttering. "Hey Luz it's me, I need to tell you something."