Something is not right

Amity honestly should have known that the day would be shit when she was woken up by a loud crash and screaming.

She bolted out of her bed and frantically looked around her room when the screaming continued. Amity moved to stand from her bed and gasped when she saw her phone on the floor. She bent down to pick it up and frowned at the sheer number of notifications she had from the football teams group chat.

Another scream rang out and Amity shoved her phone into her pocket. She had more pressing things to worry about than her notifications. Amity exited her room and ran towards the sound of the screams which had actually died down a little.

"Mittens! Get over here quick." Emira said urgently when Amity met her in the hallway. Amity glanced at the closed door and went to open it. "You could have gone in, you know?" Emira shook her head. "Look, you're better at these things than I am. Just make sure she's fine."

Amity nodded before twisting the doorknob and entering the room. "Boscha?" She asked cautiously when she saw the empty bed in the room. Amity looked around the room and gasped when she saw Boscha huddled in one of the corners of the room, her arms were hugging her legs to her chest and she was rocking back and forth, mumbling to herself. Amity stepped closer to her friend and heard the silent Duas that the girl was chanting under her breath.

"Boscha what-" Amity started but her voice slowly trailed off when she saw the clutter of cutters that were scattered around the room. She furrowed her brows and moved to grab all of the cutters out of the room. "Just wait a minute Boscha, I'll get rid of these things."

Boscha didn't respond but watched as Amity went around the room, taking the cutters out before heading towards the door of the room and dropping them outside. Emira was still standing outside so Amity told her to burn them before returning to Boscha's side.

"Hey, what can I do to help?" Amity mumbled as she sat next to Boscha and soothingly ran her hand over her friends back. Boscha whimpered and leaned her head on Amity's shoulder. "T-they were taunting me...They wanted me to do it..."

Amity wrapped her arms around Boscha and gently rocked her from side to side. "They're gone now Boscha, they aren't here okay?" Boscha sobbed, gripping the fabric of Amity's tank top in her fist. "I almost did it Am. I-I really wanted to cut again b-but I didn't want to disappoint anyone."

"And I'm really proud of you, Boscha." Amity cooed softly. "You fought it and you didn't cut again, you've made great steps in getting better just focus on that." Boscha nodded into Amity's tank top. "...Okay, s-so I did good?" Amity nodded, combing her fingers through Boscha's hair. "Yes, you did."

Boscha took a slow breath as she tried to stifle her sobs. Amity just held the girl tightly, waiting for Boscha to calm down a little. Eventually, all that could be heard around the room was the shallow sounds of Boscha's breathing and Amity's quiet words of encouragement.

"D-did you get rid of them?" Boscha asked cautiously as she lifted her face from Amity's shoulder.

Amity nodded. "I got Emira to burn those things into oblivion, they won't be here to torment you anymore." Boscha nodded, curling up into herself as she pressed her forehead against her knees. "Okay, I'm fine, I'm fine. There's nothing here." Amity rubbed Boscha's shoulders, hoping that that gesture would convey her support to the cuegle.

"Oh, I dirtied your top," Boscha mumbled apologetically when she saw the tear stains on Amity's tank top. The werewolf waved it off. "It's fine, I have plenty of others in my room. But I think you shouldn't go to school today."

Boscha wiped her tears away and grumbled. "I'm not that broken Amity, I can still go to school." Amity sighed. "Boscha, I didn't mean it like that. I mean, just in general you probably deserve a vacation after everything that's happened."