Lost and found

"Hey mami, I know that you're probably at work right now but when you get this can you maybe call me back? I need to talk to you about something. But yeah that's it, bye."

Luz moved her phone away from her ear and sighed, leaning her elbows on her knees and slumping forward. "Hey, you doing alright Luz?" Clover, an elf that was on the track team with Luz, asked as she approached the tired latina. Luz forced a smile and stood from her seat. "I'm fine. Does coach want us back on the field?"

"Uh, no. We've been at it for two hours so coach is letting us finish here for the day. You left this on the track by the way." Clover explained, handing Luz her steel water bottle which Luz had decorated with an array of stickers, including a small rainbow that sported the three colors of the bisexual flag.

Luz gratefully accepted the bottle and wasted no time in taking a long gulp from it, sighing contently when the cool water descended down her parched throat. "Thanks, Clover, I don't know what I would have done without this." Clover laughed and gestured towards the sun. "You probably would have shriveled up from the heat. Actually, I wanted to ask you something."

"Hmm?" Luz asked absentmindedly. Clover cleared her throat and mumbled. "Y-you're dating Amity right?" Luz nodded, not knowing where the girl was going with this.

"And she's friends with Boscha, so that means that you know Boscha well right?" The latina nodded again, standing and putting her bottle back in her duffel bag that held all of her track necessities. "I guess, I mean I would say that we're friends and stuff." Luz clarified.

Clover wrung her fingers together and mumbled. "Do you think that she would...I don't know...agree to go out with me if I asked her out?" Luz nearly choked when she heard that. The latina turned towards Clover with an incredulous expression and chuckled. "Heh, funny joke Clov. I see you've been working on your sense of humor huh?"

"Uh, it wasn't a joke Luz. But judging from your reaction I guess she would never agree huh?" Luz scrambled to contradict what she had just said. "Wait, wait, wait no no no that's not what I meant it's just that boscha kind of sort of already likes someone a lot and I don't think she's close to getting over them so-"

Clover cut in with an easy smile. "It's fine Luz I get it, unrequited crushes are the worst. Well, thanks for indulging me but I gotta go, have a good rest of the day." Luz waved at Clover as the elf walked away and slung her duffel bag over her shoulder.

Eh, she could change when she got home.

***-***-***

"Edric what the fuck are you doing?" Amity exclaimed when a loud boom was heard coming from her headset.

Emira groaned loudly and turned towards Edric. "Stop placing TNT everywhere, we already have one arsonist on this server and we don't need another one." Edric shrugged, moving his character to place a TNT block on Emira's base.

"What the fuck?! No get that flint and steel away from me you fucking psycho." Emira shouted as she went over to break the TNT blocks on her base before Edric had a chance to light them. Amity brought her mic close to her mouth and whispered. "Luz, please help me."

Luz laughed and answered back. "Aw come on cariño they're your siblings. But if you really want to escape from them then come to my base I found something neat." Amity sighed but complied with Luz's demands and followed the latina's character into her base.

"Okay, so what now?" Amity asked. Luz made her character crouch and mumbled. "Well, maybe you could put your minecraft bed next to mine and we can combine our base into a huge castle and we can be queens."