Firsts

"Luz! Hey, Luz get up!"

"Five more minutes," Luz mumbled sleepily as she tried to turn away from the source of the noise. For a few seconds, nothing happened and Luz thought that the person left but then something hit her head.

Luz jumped up and looked around frantically as she rubbed her head. "H-hey! What was that for...Boscha?" The latina frowned at seeing Boscha standing near her bed with a pillow clasped in her hand. Luz looked around her bed and gasped when she saw the empty side of the bed that should have been occupied by a certain werewolf. "Where's Amity? What happened?"

Boscha chuckled and held her hands up. "Hey, calm down nerd. Amity is downstairs dealing with stuff, she told me to tell you not to go downstairs but I really want to see what'll happen so..."

"Wait, why doesn't she want me to go downstairs? And when did you get here?" Luz asked in confusion as she slowly stood from her bed. Boscha gestured outside vaguely. "Eh, Amity called me over about an hour ago. As for why she doesn't want you to come downstairs, well, you know that she's an alpha right?"

Luz nodded, not knowing where Boscha was going with her explanation. Boscha shrugged and continued. "Well, she's going through another alpha thing that basically affects her more if her mate is there so she doesn't want you to get close to her, a very cowardly move if you ask me."

"Alpha thing?" Boscha rolled her eyes. "I'm sure you've read enough fanfics to know what that means." Luz gasped in offense at that, completely ghosting over the information that Boscha was slyly trying to tell her. "How do you know that I read fanfics? Who told you?"

Boscha smirked and pointed at Luz teasingly. "You just admitted it. Now come on, I wanna see Amity's reaction." Luz was about to protest when Boscha grabbed her arm and dragged her out of her room and down the stairs.

"Hey, mittens guess who woke up." Boscha sang teasingly when she and Luz finally entered the living room.

Luz stifled a laugh when she saw the position Amity was in on the couch. The girl seemed to be confused on which side of her body was supposed to go where and was quietly groaning in pain. Amity was partially laying on the back of the couch and had her face pressed into the seat cushions of the couch as she held a pillow to her head.

"What do you want Boscha? I didn't call you here to make this worse for me." Amity mumbled tiredly as she moved the pillow away from her eyes so that she could glare at Boscha. The girl froze when she saw Luz standing near Boscha and she scrambled to move off of the couch.

Boscha watched with an unimpressed expression as Amity tried to school her expression and look somewhat presentable. "L-Luz! You're awake! Hah, uh...h-how did you sleep?" Amity asked awkwardly.

"Uh, pretty good actually but I woke up without my cuddle partner so that was kind of a letdown." Luz answered, looking Amity over to catch a hint of whatever 'alpha thing' Boscha had said Amity was going through. Sure the girl looked sweaty and redder than usual but what could that even mean? Luz narrowed her eyes when she saw the red that was present at the edge of Amity's sclera. Was it already the full moon and she hadn't noticed?

Amity could feel the confusion coming from Luz and glanced at Boscha with a panicked look. "Uh, d-do you want to ask me something Luz? What did Boscha say to you?"

Luz shrugged, not understanding why Amity looked so anxious. "Just that you were going through more werewolf things. Is it the full moon today or something?" Amity laughed awkwardly and began fidgeting with her sleeves. "Uh, well, not really. It's something else that's...kind of embarrassing really."