Time after time

"Hoot!"

Luz yelped in surprise when two owls flew down onto the table and playfully pecked at her food. The latina giggled and ran a finger over Owlbert's head as the little owl took a blueberry from her plate.

The latina chuckled slightly. "Hey Owlbert, didn't Eda feed you earlier?" Luz cooed as the little owl pecked at her food. Hooty happily hooted at her and flew up to settle on Luz's shoulder.

"Kid, have you seen Owlbert? I've been looking for him ever-" Eda paused at the counter when she saw Luz sitting at the table with the two owls hooting happily around her plate of food. Luz chuckled sheepishly. "Heh, was I not supposed to feed them?"

Eda waved Luz's question off. "Don't worry about it kid, Owlbert's always had a huge appetite. Aren't you supposed to be getting to class though?" Luz glanced down at her phone and let out a muffled sound before rushing towards the living room and grabbing her backpack.

"Thanks for reminding me Eda! I'll see you later!" Luz yelled out as she rushed out the front door.

The latina hurriedly drove to school and ran to get to her first class, which just so happened to be moon cycles. Luz pushed the door to the classroom open and exhaled. "I'm so sorry I'm late it won't happen again miss I-" She let out in quick succession before freezing when she saw Amity sitting in class, looking as impeccable as always.

The professor turned her one eye towards Luz and nodded. "Take a seat Miss Noceda, that's enough disruption for now.' Luz squeaked at those words and shuffled her way into the seat next to Amity, said girl's ear twitched but she didn't give any reaction beyond that.

Luz sighed and gazed down at her hands sadly as Amity kept her eyes solely focused on the board before her.

Amity tapped her feet against the hard floor of the classroom and pointedly ignored Luz, the latina glanced at the werewolf with a frown but didn't try to initiate a conversation, though both girls noticed the sense of calmness that surrounded them when they were close together.

"Now, despite what has been previously told to you, your instincts will actually reach their peak on the new moon." The teacher continued. "Now, you will all soon find your mates and I'm sure some of you already have-"

"Wait but, I haven't felt any strange feelings during the new moon." One of the students spoke up in confusion. Amity lifted her head slightly as the teacher sighed. "Yes, that is normal Mahnoor. Until you turn eighteen your instincts should remain dormant but for alpha's, especially ones that weren't turned these instincts can manifest themselves extremely early."

Amity tensed at those words, something that didn't go unnoticed by Luz. The latina frowned and looked up at Amity, the girl looked normal, except her ears were twitching uncontrollably and she was clearly tense. Amity felt eyes on her and turned to look at Luz, she flushed when her eyes met with the latina's brown ones and immediately turned her gaze back towards the front of the class.

Luz looked back down at her desk in disappointment. She had really hoped Amity would explain things more to her but maybe Luz should give her space.

Before Luz could finish her train of thought she felt soft fingers wrap around her hand. She looked down at the hand that was suddenly holding hers then up at the person the arm belonged to. Luz frowned slightly but ultimately smiled when Amity glanced back at her.

Amity flushed and leaned her head on her free hand, pointedly keeping her gaze away from Luz. The latina smiled slightly and squeezed Amity's hand, chuckling silently when she saw the blush that was beginning to creep up the werewolf's neck.