Let sleeping wolves lie

Amity was startled awake by her phone going off loudly near the bed.

She groaned and tried to rub her eyes but her arm was being held down by something. Amity blinked blearily, looking down and smiling when she saw Luz's sleeping face snuggled up to her. The latina had her arm thrown over Amity's waist and her cheek was pressed against the girl's chest as she snored softly.

Amity slowly pulled her arm out from Luz's grip and reached for her phone, squinting when her eyes were assaulted by the sudden brightness. She unlocked her phone and frowned when she saw the multiple messages that were displayed there.

[6:12 am] plant pan: hey boscha i just got a call from ur mom asking me where u went and y u didnt tell her about it cause apparently u left early today?

[6:17 am] plant pan: boscha i don't want to seem patronizing but ur mom sounded rly worried and i think u should at least tell here where u went

[6:39 am] plant pan: okay u clearly either arent seeing my text or ur ignoring me so im just going to ask u one last time to at least tell ur mom that ur safe

[6:50 am] plant pan: boscha please answer

[7:01 am] plant pan: u better have a good excuse for this when i see u at school or istg

Amity frowned down at her phone when she saw the string of unanswered messages from Willow. She quickly typed out a message on her chat with Boscha, hoping that Boscha might answer if it was just her.

Hey boscha, I don't mean to pry but could you maybe tell me where you are? I need to talk to you. [7:04 am]

Unsurprisingly, she didn't get a response so Amity simply placed her phone back on the nightstand and yelped when arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her down onto the bed.

"Luz?" Amity exclaimed in surprise when she felt the latina snuggle into her shoulder as she tightened her grip around Amity. "You got up 'nd I wanted more cuddles." Amity chuckled fondly and gently planted a kiss on Luz's forehead. "That's really sweet ma jolie but we have school in half an hour so we need to get ready."

Luz grumbled tiredly and pulled the covers over herself. "No." Amity laughed. "Luz, you have track after school today remember? You can't let your teammates down." Luz pressed a kiss to Amity's neck and mumbled. "Five more minutes please."

Amity squeaked in surprise when she felt Luz kiss her neck again. "L-Luz come on, we need to get up, it's already past seven." The latina tiredly blinked her eyes open and reached towards Amity's phone, said girl blushed and turned away when Luz's chest was suddenly right in front of her.

Luz eventually pulled back and turned Amity's phone on, squinting slightly against the brightness of the screen. The latina took a second to look down at the phone screen before letting out a muffled gasp and jumping out of the bed. Amity scrambled to grab her phone before it fell and watched as Luz rushed around the room, getting clothes together.

"Uh, Luz? You don't need to rush that much." Amity let out awkwardly. Luz shook her head as she pulled her shirt over her head and slid a hoodie on, Amity made sure to turn her gaze to the side when that happened. "No Ami we don't have a lot of time! It's already 7:20 and we need to be in class by forty remember?"

"Oh fuck." Yep, she had forgotten about that

***-***-***

After their disastrous wake-up call, Amity and Luz somehow still managed to get to school on time despite their late awakening.

The day had also gone by rather smoothly considering everything they had been through. Some students tried to ask them what happened when they had been taken captive by the MK but Skye and Mike, who had appointed themselves as Luz and Amity's personal bodyguards, had done a good job at keeping those people at bay and for the most part no one really bothered the two werewolves about what had happened.