F I R S T N I G H T B A C K

lucille granger

The first dinner back and I already want to leave. Draco's been being super rude for no fucking reason for the past 2 hours.

"I mean, look at you! You're wearing a fucking tight button-up, thigh-high socks, and a short skirt. It's your last year at Hogwarts and suddenly you think I should fucking respect you while you're looking like that?" Draco snaps, stabbing his asparagus with his fork aggressively.

"It's just human decency, Malfoy. I don't understand why you act as I've been under your skin. I haven't even said much to you this whole day..." I respond slowly, pushing my food around on my plate.

"Free the ass, Lucille. Just wear no skirt at all, and maybe then he'll respect you," Lorenzo jokes, throwing a carrot slice into the air and catching it into his mouth, then winking at me. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Why don't you just shove it, Lorenzo," Onyx snaps, slapping the back of his head yet again. Lorenzo winces and continues eating.

"I just think it's funny that you think you're entitled to my respect. I, Draco Malfoy, a pureblood, do not need to respect your kind". Draco sternly states. He continues eating and Onyx looks at me in despair, almost like she feels bad for me. His words suddenly make my chest tight and my palms sweat.

"Loosen up a little, Malfoy. It's our last year. I think it's time you two become friends," Blaise suggests, scooping mashed potatoes onto his plate. "It's been 6 years. We've all been a group for so long, and the only two that don't get along are you and Luce".

I glance over at Blaise and smile as he smiles back. Blaise has always been nice to me. I don't think he's ever hurt me before. He's a kindred soul, Blaise.

"I'll loosen up when I fucking want," Draco snarls.

"Draco you're a dick," Enzo jesters followed by a slight chuckle.

Irritation grows rapidly and Draco puts down his fork and slams the table with both his palms, which caused me to jump. He closes his eyes and huffs. He glides his tongue against the inside of his cheek and climbs over the bench of the dining table.

"You all are fucking annoying. I'll see you guys later," He snaps. Draco then storms out, with his plate still with food. I toy my food around again in embarrassment.

"Just ignore him, Luce. Maybe once he gets a little drunk he'll loosen up. You won't have to worry about him alright?" Onyx rubs my bare thigh with her cold hands, sending chills to my spine. She's the only person I'd let touch me as she does. It's more of a best friend thing, and it's not sexual. She and I even kiss. To me, it's because she's my best friend. But to others, specifically Malfoy, Blaise, Goyle, Enzo, and Crabbe, they think it's hot. I think they're fucking pigs.

"Drunk? Drunk when?" I question, as I finally scoop up some veggies and eat.

"The boys' dormitories. Blaise's room. A couple of Slytherins will be there for a little drink and fun. We're gonna be celebrating our last first night back," Onyx responds, finishing everything up on her plate.

"You can try the muggle-herb, too," Lorenzo raises his eyebrows up and down. A giggle escapes my lips because of how stupid he looks.

--

"Do I have to wear anything specific?" I ask Onyx, standing in the mirror in just my underwear and bra. I've noticed that I've gotten way curvier. My waist appears more cinched and my thighs have gotten thicker. I've also grown a cup bigger. I was a B-cup last year, and now I'm a C.

"No, it's fucking Blaise's room, not the Yule Ball," she reprimanded. I rolled my eyes, disregarding her sassiness.

I slip on a snug fit white tank top and light blue pajama pants that accentuated my figure. I topped it off with a Slytherin Quidditch sweatshirt given by Blaise himself. It's super baggy, so it makes me look puffy. I tied my hair up and slipped on some comfortable moccasins. I applied light mascara and clear lip gloss I got from a newly opened boutique in Diagon Alley.