C O R D I A L L Y - Y O U R S

Hello guys-

I was listening to Criminal - Britney Spears (Slowed + Reverbed), and I decided to attach it above. Feel free to listen to that song whilst reading this chapter.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

C O R D I A L L Y  Y O U R S

lucille granger

"Lucille, wake your bum up," Onyx shook me awake as I fluttered my eyes open with irritation. "Mother Malfoy sent you a letter."

Without hesitation, I sat up and stretched my upper body, then yawning. "Hand it over," I responded groggily.

Onyx handed me the envelope. It was a thick beige envelope with a wax stamp that had an 'M' on it. Even their letters seem expensive.

My head was immediately pounding. How much did I drink? I look over at the ground to see Lorenzo passed out on the floor with Onyx's shorts on, and Blaise is on Onyx's bed with her tank top on. When the hell did they change into Ony- Oh. We dared them to do that,

"Are you okay? You look like absolute shit," Onyx commented. I stuck my middle finger up as she giggled, laying back down with Blaise. "I think I'm done drinking. I seriously need to vomit."

"Eugh, don't say that word," I told her in disgust, "It makes me want to vomit."

I opened the letter and pulled it out. The texture of the parchment was thick and heavy, and as I opened it, the handwriting was so elegant.

Dearest Lucille J. Granger,

         I apologize once more for cutting your winter break short. Things at home are getting... hectic. I hope that you have patience for Draco, for he is difficult and hard to understand. I know it in my heart that he needs you, so please consider him before you ever think about giving up on him.
     Malfoy men are difficult; trust me, I know a lot about it. I hope you truly have it in your heart that you really do help my son. I love my son, Lucille. And if you're the one who makes him happy, then I am asking you to please stay with him even through the difficult moments. He's not perfect, that's for sure. But, he's everything to me. There are a lot of regrets I have in life, but Draco was never one of them.
     For once in my life, I am pushing aside my prejudice regarding people who are not pureblood. I think it's needed; why should I have anything against mudbloods? What good does it do to be prejudice?
     Draco will seem off for a while, but that doesn't mean he lost interest in you. Growing up, he's always had addictive behavior, and it seems like he's, well, addicted to you. Please and thank you, Lucille. Think about your decisions from this point on.
    Also, please take care of yourself. That means to please try refraining from alcoholic beverages and extraneous activity. The universe is a dangerous place, and Draco needs you in one piece.

Cordially yours,

Narcissa Malfoy

I closed the letter and huffed. I was mentally prepping for the hardships that we'll face in the future.

I start feeling anxious, and I start worrying about Draco. What on earth do they have him doing right now?

Is he alright? Is he safe? Does he still feel things?

The thought of him losing himself again made my palms sweat, so I decided to push those upsetting thoughts aside. Deep down, I should really keep it in mind.

"So what did Mommy send you?" Onyx asked me whilst reading a book from the muggle world.

"Just about... Draco," I responded lowly, feeling hesitant to tell her the whole letter.