Y OU R B E S T F R I E N D

Hello my lovelies-

Saturdays mean UPDATE CENTRALLLLL. Grab a coffee, a monster, a Red Bull, or whatever caffeine source, and drink that motherfucker because I, Naomi Suki - O'Leery have UPDATES for you. Enjoy this chapter, my lovely people.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

Y OU R   B E S T F R I E N D 

lorenzo berkshire

I patiently waited for Lucille to fall asleep after her manic episode. She was still shaking, and she was still sobbing. I encouraged Onyx to sleep with Blaise at our dorm tonight, given that Lucille needs the space, and Onyx did not hesitate to take the offer.

"He told me h-h-he needed to temporarily let me g-go!" She screamed, as her lips quivered. Lucille threw things around the room, and just sobbed manically. It was overwhelming for the both of us, but someone had to be there for her. For them, I mean.

It took me a while to calm her down. Now, all I'm waiting is for her to fall asleep so that I can talk to Draco.

Where do I even start with him? How do I even begin the conversation without him wanting to throw a bloody punch at me?

My thoughts came to a halt as soon as I heard Lucille softly snoring. I glanced at her and pulled the blanket over her body, as the soft snores soon became more prominent.

I crept out the door, gently closing the door of her dorm. I sped down the corridor, hoping that Draco is in the commons, but my instinct tells me he's at the Astronomy Tower.

I reach to the commons and quickly scan the room. No sign of the bloody blonde anywhere.

So that must mean he's in the tower sulking in his thoughts; A place where we both used to sulk.

After many turns and walking, I finally reach the Astronomy Tower. 

There's no sound other than the rustling of the tall grass outside, the crackling fire that keeps corridors lit, and the wind whistling in any crevice it seeps. 

I climb up the spiral stairs with speed, because fuck these bloody stairs.

I reach to the top to see Draco sitting by the window sill, looking out into the ambient scenery outside. As I heavily pant after all those fucking stairs, Draco's head turns to me, assuming that my heavy breathing startled his thoughts.

He looked at me with frustration, and defeat.

"Draco," I softly said, hoping that he doesn't fucking lash out on me. "Can we talk?"

"I'm sorry," He said immediately. "I shouldn't have reacted like that, Lorenzo-"

"Draco," I cut him off, "It's okay,"

He huffs. "It isn't okay, and you and I both know that-"

"When I say it's okay, it's okay, so don't stress about it, please," I assured him, taking a seat right next to him. A moment of silence emits as he stares out the window. "So, what are you thinking about that you had to come up to the tower?"

Draco sighs, fiddling with his rings. I briefly examine his rings and notice that he's still wearing the black titanium alloy that I got him in year 3. 

"It's for you, stupid," I laugh as Draco rolls his eyes. 

He grabs the small box from my hands and opens it. Draco gently pulls out the black titanium ring from the box and smiles.