𝐨𝐧𝐞

"Still a no go?" My best friend,Jayden asked. I just gotten rejected from another label. I seriously thought I could get a record label today. I thought I had impressed them with my singing,but I guess it's a no go. Again.

I was still unemployed,living in Jayden's huge apartment. Jayden is my best friend- not to forget that she's in her family's huge business. Which,is a no wonder why I get to "pretend"like I'm rich,when in all honesty I'm just a broke girl living with her rich best friend.

"No. I seriously thought I impressed the dude today. He looked like he enjoyed my singing." I said with a sigh. I had gone up to the freezer to grab a tub of ice cream and sat back down on the coach. "Enough of this moping!" Jayden said,taking the ice cream out of my hand. "First of all,"she said giving me an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes. Time for another one of my best friends lectures.

"First of all, I'm not going back to the store to buy more ice cream. They probably think I'm a fatass." She said,licking my spoon. "But-"
"Shush!" She said,hushing me. "I know half the reason you aren't getting these jobs is because you aren't teaching yourself to your full potential!"
"Jayden please don't-"
"You need to get over Carson!" She shouted. "I am over him!" I fought back. "No,you aren't. You still have all those pictures of him on your phone. And the Polaroids?" She questioned. Carson Leuders- my boyfriend. Well,ex now. I really thought he was the one. Until he cheated on me with Lily Chee. I don't blame him, I mean she is the real model. He always made fun of me for "not being able to get anywhere."

"I guess. I guess I just-just need time to heal on my own." I said,a teardrop about to fall from my eye. Jayden came and wiped the tear. "It's okay. You're okay."she said,comforting me. "You know what?" She asked,still hugging me. "What?"
"I have a surprise for you."
"We get to rewatch all the love movies on Netflix?" I hopefully asked. She playfully hit my arm and rolled her eyes. "No,stupid! We're going to the club tonight. Let loose! We need to find us some guys. And we need you to not think about Carson." She said, poking me. "Do we have to?" I whined. "Yes!Now shut up,and go get ready." She said,staring me down. I had to get up then.

"Go on!"she said,watching me slowly get up and drag myself upstairs. "Go!Go!" She said,as I stuck my finger up at her.