Chapter 17

~Mia's P.O.V.~

I woke up to those same amazing hazel orbs as before. I smiled, but he didn't. He got up slowly, making his way to the bathroom.

I decided that today was gonna be a lazy day for me, so i got onto my iPod and picked out an anime to watch, because I'm a nerd to that kinda stuff.

I picked "Kimi Ne Todoke", which is a romance anime about the shyest girl in school falling in love with the most popular boy in school.

As they were walking, then stopped to talk for a second, and the boy leaned in, but the girl got scared, making me screamed "You had one job!".

As i did, Austin walked out of the bathroom. He stopped and stared at me for a second, shook his head, then walked out and downstairs.

I sat in shock because i think he thought i was talking to him.

Shit!

I threw down my headphones, and tore down the stairs. Austin was on the last step, and as i ran down, i tripped, falling down and onto him.

"What the hell, Mia?!" He yelled.

Obviously not the first time he has yelled that.

"I just want-"

"Shut up and just leave me alone!" He yelled, picking himself up and walking into the kitchen.

I layed on the floor, scared to move. My mind was dumb enough to put thoughts into my head.

He said he wasn't mad or hated me, so whats wrong now?

I stood up, slowly walking back upstairs. My feet dragged through the carpet as i slowly walked into my moms old bedroom.

There it sat. Our old family picture.

Me when i was five.

My brother when he was 13.

My mom. My mom stood as beautiful as ever humanly possible.

My eyes sat on my broken family. The fact that Corey, my brother, was dead. My mom had gone missing before she was found dead.

My dad had taken over taking care of me, and he had a new wife. She was now my step-mom. She hated my guts, along with my dad. i don't know why i ever tried to please her.

She would just hate me more. She was the mom that abused the shit out of me.

I stood smiling, a smile i haven't had on my face sense that day. A smile, that shows im not alone. I had my family then. No worries as a child. And even though my dad hated me, at the time i had my real mom and my brother.

All i ever thought ill need, but now is lost.

I'm not arguing with the fact that fate apparently thought i was better off without them, just the thought of never having a sibling to look up to anymore, or a mom to help me out with life trouble, like boys, was hard.

People that are born without those things, how do you do it?

I had it, but i lost it. And that thought comes to me everyday.

I sat on the bed, looking down as the tears fell onto the picture-frame. I stood up, walking downstairs as i still cried. Walking past Austin as he stood with no emotion what-so-ever on his face. I walked to the empty fireplace, setting down the picture-frame in the middle.

I smiled, walking into the kitchen to get some water. Austin walked in as i was grabbing a glass from the cabinet. He hopped onto the counter as i walked over to the refrigerator, pressing the water button with my glass, and watching the water pour into it.

I turned to face Austin as he just stared at me. I took a sip of water, then began to walk back to the stairs. I walked all the way upstairs before i heard crying.

I walked over to the look-out area, and looked down into the kitchen as i saw a crying Austin. I sniffled before speaking.

"Your crying isn't helping mine." I sobbed before he looked up, tears plainly falling.

"And yours isn't helping my issue." He sobbed, walking into the living room.

What issue?

***

A/N:

I hope you enjoyed!!