the aftermath

Yes people, triple updateee

************************************

"your highness is this official? "

"what about the political alliance?"

"she's neither royalty nor perian "

" does she have a noble background? "

"your reign should not be associated with just any woman my lord "

"you're all talking like his highness proposed to her "

"he might as well, everyone knows now "

"this is going to back fire your highness, it is simply not done "

"everyone knows what exactly? "

"are you suggesting that his highness is in a meaningless fling? "

"don't twist my words yeong "

"the issue here is her pedigree "

"Our focus should be on the political alliance, his highness knows of our culture, royalty courts royalty "

"He never said he was courting her "

"That was very much a public announcement minister " I finally say after watching them completely forget that I'm in the room and argue among themselves for the past thirty minutes,

They all immediately shut up and look towards me eyes, wide in surprise.

Safe to say that after the show kiara and I put on yesterday, the entire nation was buzzing.

"Your highness, you can't possibly mean-"

I lean forward and look towards them

"That is exactly what I mean "

It's quiet for about a second before they all start talking together again till they're quite literally making noise.

As expected, the council wasn't very happy about what they saw yesterday, but it had been done.

The entire city knew by now, all the regions did, it was as much of a public announcement any royal could give.

And even with how loud everything has been since then, nothing could shake how happy I was, I was going to protect her, from all of them.

"if you're all done acting like unorganized children, I would very much like if you'd all keep quiet "

My voice was low, but it was sharp and once again they all kept quiet, bowing in apology.

I wasn't having any of it

"I'm courting lady kiara of zethna, and I don't intend to stop anytime soon" I spell it out for them, very calmly, very slowly.

"But your highness, the political alliance- "

"Is not necessary and doesn't have to come from my marriage or courtship"

"It hasn't ever been done, in the history of -"

" history can always be re-written minister "

They all keep quiet after that but look like they still have a lot to say,

Only yeong didn't look like he was choking from his opinion. He had a calm look on his face and in the end, he was the one that finally spoke.

" I think we should all be more concerned about lady kiaras person and not her pedigree, his highness hasn't proposed marriage to her so you're all overreacting. But if he does, she's going to rule beside him, so instead of trying to preserve tradition and strengthen political alliances, we should be more worried about whether our future queen has what it takes to run our nation "