Chapter 1

Narrator's point of view

Once they arrived in King's cross, Violette grew more emotional as she didn't want to leave her mother alone. She was always like this ever since her first year in Beauxbaton but this time, she's leaving her mother alone, which she would usually have company with her friend but that was back in France.

Violette never said a word or defy her mother espeically when it comes to her well-being. Scarlet, her mother, always knew what was best for daughter. That was why she left England in the first place and moved to France where she could be sure that nobody would find them.

Getting ready, Violette and her mother ran into the wall together both had simple smiles on their faces. When she saw the train and many crowds of people waving goodbye to their children, she sighed.

"Mom, Why did I have to transfer here? Everything was perfect in France." Violette asked and it made Scarlet smile. A man approached them and took Violette's heavy bags to be taken.

"I will tell you when the time is right. Now, once you get in Hogwarts it will be a whole different world in there, Expect the unexpected okay? Now go, write to me every week." Scarlet said and kissed the top of her daughter's head lovingly.

Violette smiled and nodded, she picked up her small trunk that was besides her. She still has to go to Dumbledore to get sorted privately into a house so she does not have to be in public.

Once she hopped inside the train, Violette waved one last time and walked inside finding a decent cabin to sit down in. Her eyes searched for an empty one but she didn't find one. Instead, she knocked on the first one she saw and opened it.

"Hi, Can I stay here? All the other cabins are full." She asked politely to the two twins who were laughing even before they saw her.

"It will be our pleasure." One of them said with a smile and it was Fred, he just knew that they will be great friends.

Violette thanked them and got inside closing the door behind her. She put her bag above her head and sat down besides the window.

"I'm Fred Weasley."

"George." They both extended their hand for the girl to shake in which she did individually.

"Violette Black." She said earning a few shocked expressions from the twins who was looking at each other.

"Where did you say you were from?"

Violette listened carefully to what the twins said while the train transports them to their destination. she didn't expect everyone to know who her father is or somehow an acquaintance to him.

"Yes he helped us and our little brother in many occasions. Is he your father?" George asked and Violette hesitated to answer.

"Biologically yes. But I have not met him." She said truthfully with a decent smile. Sometimes she wouldn't be this nice but when she saw the twins, it made her want to know them. They looked fun to be around with. "I'm hoping you wouldn't tell anyone, I don't want to cause rumours."

The twins nodded promising in a goofy smile. "What year are you in?"

"I'm in my 4th year, Hopefully I get into Gryffindors." Violette said hopeful but Fred spoke crushing her dreams.

"The Blacks always get into Slytherin, Violette. They never broke the chain."

Violette nodded, "I know, my mom told me about that. She also said that my preference is also taken into account."

They could hear a lady from outside ask and the twins sent each other knowing looks. "Come Violette, the trolley lady's food will be gone if we beat Ron to it." George said playfully and all of them stood up to go to the witch selling sweets.